PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Down a Problem

Atilla
10-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Hey, everyone. A bunch of you helped me figure out a latching AV switch solution awhile back. Then I had to go and get fancy because the bulkiness of the wire splices bothered me. So I concocted this idea to use a circuit board with some copper strips. I figured attaching the different wires inline on the circuit board would do the trick. Everything is hooked up per the diagram below. Problem is, the switch doesn't function. It light up, but the main LED stays on as long as the battery is plugged in. I know I must be overlooking something, but I can't figure out what it is. Anyone have any ideas?

Just for reference, this is a lime-green Rebel with a 7.4LION battery pack. I have a dynaohm resistor wired into the switch.

Thanks!

Silver Serpent
10-14-2016, 05:55 AM
The jumper is closing your circuit. Remove the jumper, and your switch should turn the LEDs on and off.

Atilla
10-14-2016, 08:04 PM
And boom, it's alive! Thanks as always, Silver Serpent. I remembered seeing a thread about the MWS and needed a jumper for the yellow wires, which is why I threw that in (since I was pretty much trying to make a DYI MWS rig). But that one had a lot more wires hanging off it, on second thought - so not everything really applied, I guess!

Silver Serpent
10-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Glad you got it working.