PDA

View Full Version : Belt clip for d-ring?

Ryma Mara
02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
How would one go about a belt clip for a d-ring and not have it ugly?

I have heard of people using dogleash tingys but thats just ugly and gawdey(sp).

I was thinking of taking 2 covertech clips and bolting them togeather and hang the dring on that but then I have no idea how well the saber will stay on there.

What are your thoughts?

xwingband
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.saberbelt.com/images/SaberHook008.jpg
http://www.saberbelt.com/images/SaberHookBorder.jpg

Those?

Ryma Mara
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Intreting. about how long is it and where could one find such a thing?

xwingband
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
They were specifically made for sabers. Without one in front of me I'd say they are 4" long. They're that long so that you can attach them in the center of a large jedi belt and still hang low.

I'd have to dig up who I got them from, but I have 10 at home.

jjshumpert
02-13-2007, 02:59 PM
i would be interested in a couple of those, pm a link please if you find it xwing

supertrogdor
02-13-2007, 03:06 PM
It would not be overly difficult to make one of those, a rather simple design such as that can be easily replicated, don't you think?

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
simple to make, i made one for my vader belt.

go to hardware store, with me so far?, look back where the nuts and bolts are. you should find a area where theres a display like setup with small pieces of sheet steel and aluminum, and so forth. small ones, like less than a foot square.

grab the thickest aluminum sheet, ir stainaless, your choice, and lay out that pattern on it. draw one, design one, whatever, then cut it out, dremel, hacksaw, etc.... grind the edges up smooth and take off sharp points.

then i used a pair of small visegrips, and made my tip bend, then using something to help curve it, easy cuz your plate will be thinner ther in that area where saber goes on and off, curve it over to form the loop.

mark and drill mount holes where and however you want.

and your done. i mad emine in 1 hour easy. piece of cake.

Ryma Mara
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Well I looked around on JA and found this link by accident actually. I was looking at belt puches and such.

http://www.sdtradingco.com/hardware-other.htm#holsterclips

Quick post you did.

Yeah I seen that also on JA they said pritty much the same thing.

Thanks for the info lan

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
lol yeah i was quick on the draw, huh. lol

i had made a pattern out of cardboard, thin stuff, like a cereal box or similar. drew my shape, cut it out and made the bends and curves. that way i could see how it would look once curved and such. when happy, traced and cut the puppy out.

simple 1 hour or less job.

your more than welcome, i love to share when i can.

jjshumpert
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
after making graflex ears and inner ring sets im kinda fed up with metal shaping for the time being... call me lazy i guess lol :twisted:

xwingband
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
after making graflex ears and inner ring sets im kinda fed up with metal shaping for the time being... call me lazy i guess lol :twisted:

I hear you loud and clear. That clip I have came with rivet holes ready. It's really thick metal too. You'd certainly go through a few cutting disk if you tried to make it the same.

I'm looking for the posts where it was for sale, but if not I'll e-mail the guy.

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
yeah you might eat up some disks. i use the reinforced ones they last 3 times longer.

the aluminum sheet i used was just over 1/8 thick, i used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade, worked great and fast too. blade ate right through it like butter.

a jigsaw with metal blade can aid alot in certain circumstances, FYI

xwingband
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, yeah aluminum is pretty soft compared to say, steel. Try 22 or 20 guage steel. :P

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2007, 09:53 PM
been there done that too. try T6 aircraft aluminum. that stuffs tougher than regular aluminum.

thats what i cut my claw arms for the great saber out of. 3/8 thick too, now that was some tuff crap.

Ryma Mara
02-14-2007, 05:43 AM
X I found the site that has them pics. it was saberbelt.com but he is nolonger in buisness.

xwingband
02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I know too, I can truncate the URL just a well as you can. :wink: He's not selling anything actively but he wasn't when I bought them either. I sent an e-mail to him. When I bought them he had a decent amount of them left.