PDA

View Full Version : Graflex 2.0 with 1" blade holder building

Atalon
10-10-2016, 09:55 PM
I picked up a scratch and dent Graflex 2.0 and a 1" blade holder and was wondering if there where any good build guides out there for this? I noticed where the "bunny ears" would go around the blade have a bump on each side that would make the bunny ears be too close to each other when the blade is inserted. Also I would think the blade itself is not going to be exactly centered. I am not trying to to tear them up too much and end up having to buy a second kit just for a couple parts. Are there any tricks people have for this?

Also I picked up some TCSS chassis discs for the Graflex but I am guessing the real Graflex is a bit larger internally than the Graflex 2.0 because the disc will only fit the threaded portion of the hilt and not just a light sanding will make it go in. I would have to take a few thousands off with would be close or encroach on the nuts and threading holes. is anyone using these or just using the normal discs and wrapping them to fit?

Atalon
10-10-2016, 10:18 PM
One more thing....
I got the tactile switch for the Graflex 2.0 1" blade holder and confused on how this goes together. If I put the included tab plug in from inside the saber I cannot get the shroud back over the blade holder.

If installing the plug from the outside I am guessing the press fit would only work a few times before it would have to be glued in after it loosens up.

Lastly on this subject how are people attaching the button? A specific glue maybe?

NaasadTal
10-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Check out this build tutorial over on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc7OLqR4JyCxhENVCg9YrOJA_fYW4Do59

Hope this helps!

Atalon
10-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Not really because this used the standard 2.0 core instead of the 1" blade core.

Greenie
10-11-2016, 02:05 AM
Have a search around. I believe Girot recently documented his Graflex build in detail. :)

NaasadTal
10-11-2016, 02:10 AM
It may be a different core, but the basics are the same

Atalon
10-12-2016, 02:21 AM
I have a saber built and used this for some tips but the specifics I mention above are the ones I having trouble with for the Graflex build I am slowly working on.

Greenie I will look for that again and see if I can find his thread.

Atalon
10-12-2016, 02:32 AM
The 2 latest build posts from Girot were not using the new 1" blade adapter so those are not really helpful. I will just have to rely on my own ideas for this. I am sure I can make it work eventually but it is always nice to see what has gone before if possible. I seem to spend less money on un-needed parts that way ;)

Anoril
01-09-2017, 03:48 AM
Hello!

I'm preparing a Graflex 2.0 with the 1" blade holder as well (once que G2.0 is available) and I was wondering how to deal with the alternative core too.

Did you solve you issues?
I have a lot of questions about that 1" core. I've watch the videos and guess I got the whole in mind but I can't figure out what is the purpose of the buttons, tab and other optional stuff that could come with the 1" holder.
For instance, there is two heatsink proposed as options while the product description indicates there is already one. What to choose? (I'm going to use a Luxeon RGB tri-star)

(note that I'm new to saber building, new to electronic, and new to english :D thus a lot of terms and words are way beyond my understanding :) )

So, I'm very demanding of tutorials/pictures/videos... :)

Warm regards,

Paul