PDA

View Full Version : Transistor on Qui Gon Jin 1999 sound board

Sarevok81
09-13-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to connect a sound card of a hasbro qui gon jinn 1999.
The board is exactly this:

With the wiring diagram in the photo the board work but the led (700ma) It remains at a low current (400ma).
So I decided ti try with a transistor PNP TIP42C like other wiring diagrams on this forum.
The only way I could make it work is by connecting the lamp- wire to Base, the battery positive to Emitter and the Collector to positive of the led. The negative of the led came form te battery negative.
In this way it seems to work but only for a few seconds, after which the transistor is heated and tends to burst.
When I turn off the card, the LED slowly loses power instead of turning off immediately.

Does anyone know why it happens?
Perhaps it is a wiring error, or the wrong transistor?

jbkuma
09-13-2016, 07:55 PM
TIP42C should be fine, base should be to the signal from the board, but the emitter should be to battery positive, and collector to the LED positive, with the other negative on the LED going to the battery.

If you think about what "collector" and "emitter" mean, and "negative" and "positive" and relate it to the electron flow, you'll understand it more clearly.

See here for diagrams: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial

Sarevok81
09-13-2016, 11:53 PM
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/wadeh13/Wiring%20Diagrams%20and%20reviews/Economy%20Boards/2010ModifiedNoVoltRegrev01-10-2011.png

This is thai diagram tratta i used to connect the tip42c (with out charge port).
What is in your opinion the signal of The board?

jbkuma
09-14-2016, 08:34 AM
That diagram is what you should be using. I've used TIP42Cs for a number of different saber applications and have yet to even heat one up noticeably. Double check your wiring and make sure you don't have your leads juggled.

Sarevok81
09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
In my opinion all is ok.
This is my wiring diagram:

Can you control my diaagram?
If I use a TIP42C he transistor is heated and tends to burst.
If I use a MOSFET irf9530N but It works in reverse, when the board is turned off the led in on, when the board is turned on the led is off.
Probably I must use an NPN transitor with this board?

Sarevok81
10-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I solved the problem.
I moved the resistor from + to the - cannel of The led.
Another solution was add a resistor on the base chanel of The
Transistor beetwin lamp - of The board and the base of transistor.
Solution there, connect the - segnal of The speaker to the base of
Transistor.