PDA

View Full Version : First build.. HELP!!!

lnaeternum
09-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Hey guys,

I am making my first lightsaber diy and of course I want to go big (which might not be the best idea but oh well). I want the best quality saber possible-- electronics and hilt.

I have purchased a KR Sabers hero hilt and I wanted to know what parts I needed. I want to use a CF 8 soundboard for sure and the tri-cree leds with ggw. Since goth 3 designs hasn't made a chassis for this hilt I'll need a recommendation for what to do with that... I'm not intending to do a crystal reveal (although I am curious whether I can easily reconfigure into a crystal reveal if I do choose to do so after I finish building). Also, I wanted the red and green lights on the control box to have sequenced lighting. Is there any way someone could help me out with what parts I need? I would greatly appreciate it!

MTFBWY

Also, if someone could figure out how much all the parts cost? Cuz I know that a saber smith would charge me 590 for the install not including shipping and blade and charger so I just wanted to know how much money I would save.

Cire Yeldarb
09-06-2016, 03:27 PM
What's the inner diameter? That will determine what kinds of chassis you will need to use, which will help determine what all you can fit in there, etc.

Read the CF manual a few times, that should give you a good idea what parts are required for that board, as well as how to program your blinking lights

lnaeternum
09-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Okay sounds good. Now, I know that KR Sabers is making a module that is placed in the control box to make them light up. Will I need that or will a cf 8 suffice?

Cire Yeldarb
09-08-2016, 12:07 PM
"Them" being the main LEDs, or the Red and Green Triangle LES? CF can do it either way, but I'd just be curious as to what this "module" is exactly, it may just be easier to use that if its coming this the saber and make it work together with the CF.

But again, no idea as I don't know the details of your saber