PDA

View Full Version : NBv3 Font Selection

Kreyhn
09-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Hello, all,

I understand the NB comes with 2 sound fonts pre-loaded (lightmeat & darkmeat). What ways are there to switch between them? Must it be done by mussing about with files on the SD card, is it done via the activation switch, or something else entirely? I cannot seem to find information about this, but perhaps I have just not yet read enough.

Thank you for accommodating my newbishness.

Starwinder
09-04-2016, 10:08 AM
To switch between sound fonts with a NB, simply hold down the momentary activation switch when the saber is deactivated. You'll automatically cycle to the next font.

You do have to configure the SD card if you're replacing the fonts with others or if you're changing the parameters (swing, clash sensitivity, etc.), but otherwise it's not necessary.

Kreyhn
09-04-2016, 10:56 AM
I guessed it was something like that, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you!

As well a question about sound fonts themselves: do you or anyone else know the limit to the length a boot sound (or the hum sound) can be? I am wondering if I can use the boot or perhaps the hum sound of a sound font with the NB to play a song. In my idea for the saber, one of the available fonts would be the lightsaber's normal sound font, and I wanted to use the other font to somehow play the Force Theme from Luke's view of the binary sunset. Any ideas there? (should I make a separate thread?)

jbkuma
09-05-2016, 08:55 PM
As long as the format is correct and it fits on the card you should be fine. You'd probably want to use the hum. You can load blank files for the other sounds to save space, you may also want to adjust the swing and clash settings to keep them from activating.

Kreyhn
09-06-2016, 01:13 PM
I'll keep that in mind while I figure things out. Thanks for the guidance!