With Foc
I understand that I need 1x 1.2 omh 3w and 2x 5omh 3w for Foc
But what do i need if it is for dark purple color
I have searched on this forum but I don't find the correct answer for this
Please help me
Thanks

jbkuma
08-25-2016, 06:50 AM
What color are you trying to get for your main blade color? The NB adds the FOC to the mix, so if you were planning on a green blade with a purple flash, that probably won't work since it would then light all 3 dice. You might be able to get a reddish color just because the red will over power the other colors. The only way you'll get purple for FOC with a green main color with the NB is if you really knock down the green to begin with, but then you will still not get a "dark purple."

Silver Serpent
08-25-2016, 07:23 AM
The short answer is that you'll need to experiment to find the right color.

See here for a video description of the process: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?18443-Video-Custom-Colors-Made-Simple

Blackscorpio
08-25-2016, 01:01 PM
What color are you trying to get for your main blade color? The NB adds the FOC to the mix, so if you were planning on a green blade with a purple flash, that probably won't work since it would then light all 3 dice. You might be able to get a reddish color just because the red will over power the other colors. The only way you'll get purple for FOC with a green main color with the NB is if you really knock down the green to begin with, but then you will still not get a "dark purple."

I want to use red and royal blue for the purple and use green for Foc I have heard that green give you more a purple flash

Blackscorpio
08-25-2016, 01:09 PM
Nobody that have purple blade with the same parts that I will use so I have little thought what I must need

FenixFire
08-25-2016, 01:13 PM
While playing around with that exact star I was getting more of a whiteish with that same set up resulting in a pale lilac blade color with the green added on top of a Deep Purple. I eventually installed it in a saber with Hasbro card (no FoC, only flickering the rB on/off for a burst of red) and 3 AAA batteries so this was for a 4.5v set up. Resistors were .5ohm/2w (rB) and either a 3.7 ohm/2W or a 4.2 ohm/2W (red). Sorry i was wavering on which one looked better, son chose the one he liked and I forgot to add which one I went with on the notes. With all three at full brightness it was very close to white.

Greenie
08-25-2016, 11:47 PM
Why not get a custom Cree rB/R/W. You should be able to get the purple you want with a nice bright FOC.

Blackscorpio
08-26-2016, 02:09 AM
Gives green not e better clash in purple than white I just put this in list from what I read I am totally new in this and how do I use the resistors need I 2 for purple and foc?
Is this good for us. 5 omh and 2.7 ohm or should I use e higher resistor to get dark purple?

Silver Serpent
08-26-2016, 05:21 AM
You will need to experiment to get the color you want. Each LED is a little different, and what one person sees as "dark purple", another person may see "pinkish purple". Your own eyes will have to be the judge.

FenixFire
08-26-2016, 06:54 AM
You will need to experiment to get the color you want. Each LED is a little different, and what one person sees as "dark purple", another person may see "pinkish purple". Your own eyes will have to be the judge.

For mixing you will want to get a variety of resistors for the red. Figure out what would give the red 200mA and 1000mA, then select several resistor values between those two extremes.

Blackscorpio
08-26-2016, 07:41 AM
And home many and with one, 5omh and 2.7omh while that do the trick.
Do I need one or two for the blue and green

Blackscorpio
08-27-2016, 08:05 AM
I did some copulation (I hope) green for Foc 1.2ohm 3w royal blue 1.50 5w and red 1.2omh 3w how much higher must the red resistor are to get purple

jbkuma
08-27-2016, 02:32 PM
From my experience,10-20ohm, maybe more if you want a bluer purple. you can use a potentiometer to adjust the color, measure with a multimeter to find the value and match it to the closest available resistor.

Blackscorpio
08-28-2016, 02:59 AM
10 too 20 ohm so much? , I am good with 1.2 ohm for royal blue and 1.5 ohm for green ?

jbkuma
08-28-2016, 06:06 AM
Finding your exact color will depend on your personal preference, the inherent variation in the LEDs and resistors, and your blade setup. The red will overpower the other colors, you really need to experiment to find the color you are looking for. These are the values I got with components I have.

Blackscorpio
09-10-2016, 11:07 AM
Finding your exact color will depend on your personal preference, the inherent variation in the LEDs and resistors, and your blade setup. The red will overpower the other colors, you really need to experiment to find the color you are looking for. These are the values I got with components I have.

Is Watts important or is it just ohms that is important? And how do you know if you don't resistant enough?

Jay-gon Jinn
09-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Yes, watts are important. If you use a wattage that is too low for your application, it may melt and damage your wiring. You will know if you haven't used enough resistance if your color has too much of one of the led colors, such as red mixed into the blade. More resistance=dimmer led, less of that color in your final mixed blade color.

Blackscorpio
09-14-2016, 01:22 AM
how to you calculate the watt ?

thanks