PDA

View Full Version : MR Luke El sound

Luke-SkyMarcher
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok, so I won this sound board on the scratch and dent auctions, and have been trying to work out how to wire it. Has anyone ever done this one before? On the disc with the pins there are four wires, as follows: "VA" (red), "VB" (oarnge), "GND" (brown), and "SP" (yellow). Now with a 9v connected with the positive to VA and VB, and the negative on GND, it lights up the EL blade nicely with the switch. However, I cannot get it to make any sound. I have tried hooking one speaker lead to the SP wire and the other to the GND wire, but nothing happened. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

-Luke

xwingband
02-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Try the positive instead of the ground. Isn't there supposed to be a 5th pin too?

Luke-SkyMarcher
02-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I have, and no, there's not (not on this one, anyway) As far as I can think up, there are only two reasons why it is not working. Either I ruined sound but not the driver when I was first trying to wire it, or there's some other part in the battery pack between the pins and the speaker that's needed. Either way, I can't get it to make any sound right now, though it is a powerful driver.

Novastar
03-09-2007, 03:36 PM
You know what... the one remaining MR board I have left (after using several for BOP I)... is an EL Luke I believe... or EL something.

I will try wiring it up and see what I come up with... but hmm... it DOES sound like if you have no sound--you're in trouble.

You should:

* Meter the sound leads coming from the board
* Meter your speaker (generally 8ohm speakers)

That's all I can think of right now. Wiring this guy up might take some time... :)