PDA

View Full Version : Wiring check/questions first build

Avidgrant
08-09-2016, 08:09 AM
So..... the header module has gotten me a little confused. I thought it would make things a little easier/quicker, but it has instead gotten me a little more confused (not hard to do- as I'm not an electronics guy)- but i am a quick learner... the problem is on the header- i have multiple 2 wire ports off it.... and I'm not sure which is + or -.... or if thats even the case. I have wired up the LED- and have the header board. But they are not wired together for reasons the diagram will (hopefully) illustrate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. other relevant info- all components are from TCSS. Battery is from the shop- led- is B/B/W. Resistors are all dyna ohm. Accent light is green led from shop. Activation is the 16mm stainless (looking) no led button.

jbkuma
08-09-2016, 08:33 AM
The ground (-) goes to the common ground for pretty much everything except the main LED and FOC LED. The ground wires go to the LED and FOC pads, and the (+) all go to the battery.

The dynaohm is only supposed to be for the accent LEDs since it's purpose is to deliver a constant 20ma, the cree or luxeon LED will need the appropriate resistors for your setup to give them 700ma-1000ma, most likely something like .5ohm.

The speaker wires don't matter for polarity.

The instruction book for the NBv3 is very detailed and shows several sample wiring diagrams, I strongly urge giving it a few good reads.

Avidgrant
08-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I've scoured the manual.... As I mentioned the issue is not with the board... Or the wiring, it's the header module. Which is not covered in the manual, and other then a very basic explanation ( no detailed info) that I can see on the product description page on the site, it is "unclear" what the "extra" wires are for.... I suspect they are not really "extra"- but it's not clear what goes where. Re the dyna ohm.... Dam.... I thought they were "dynamic" and would adjust the output accordingly... Did I read that wrong?

TheCheeker
08-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Perhaps looking at the pictures of the pre-wired NBv3 the shop offers would be helpful:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MWS-Pre-Wired-Nano-Biscotte-Sound-Module-V3-P835.aspx

Avidgrant
08-09-2016, 09:12 AM
hahahahahaha- this-------14300

Avidgrant
08-09-2016, 09:14 AM
that should be added to the description of the header by itself! Thanks TheCheeker...... now i have to go rework my resistors...... wow- i suddenly have a lot of spare dynaohms...... ugh.