PDA

View Full Version : MY STARWARS WEEKENDS COSTUME DONE!!

DaJoQuim
02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
8) Hi Everyone!!
As all of you know I'm new here;and;As time goes on I'll get to know all of you.This is a few pics of my new costume that I'll be wearing at starwars weekends this june at mgm disney in florida.My wife made the talbarts and My robe was done by twinroses. Anyway hope to see some of you there!!DaJoQuimhttp://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0725.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0733.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0731.jpg

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Woah! Totally awesome! Great job :D 8)

DaJoQuim
02-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Woah! Totally awesome! Great job :D 8)

thanks for the kind words elrond!!DaJoQuim 8)

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Is that a converted MR luke saber in your hands?

vortextwist
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Very nice costume. looks good.
if you were to look that is an obi-wan.

DaJoQuim
02-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys;and;That saber in my hands is the same saber on my side which is an obi-wan rots ultra saber with a guardian blue blade.I'm also buying a luke anh saber in an ultra saber with a guardian blue blade!!I really love those ultra sabers !!DaJoQuim 8)

elrond.406
02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys;and;That saber in my hands is the same saber on my side which is an obi-wan rots ultra saber with a guardian blue blade.I'm also buying a luke anh saber in an ultra saber with a guardian blue blade!!I really love those ultra sabers !!DaJoQuim 8)

I prefer building it

Lord Maul
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
it might just be my bad memory, but have you even built a saber yet nimrod :?:

vortextwist
02-09-2007, 06:55 PM

I prefer building it
he's getting there elrond. I beleive he's getting a kit. I think the kits Tim sells are way sturdier than what ultra sells.

Wolverine
02-09-2007, 07:27 PM
The Force is Strong with you DaJoQuim,....

.....But You Are Not A Jedi Yet. :twisted:

Costume looks great man! :wink:

Jedi Ranger
02-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Lookin' great!

Got a couple question about your Qui-Gon boots - where did you get them, and are they comfortable?

I have been wanting a pair of leather Qui-Gon boots for a long time, but I still can't quite stomach the $350+ for custom boots from MotorCowboy. I'm not sure why though, since I have put that much into a couple hilts, each.

vortextwist
02-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Lookin' great!

Got a couple question about your Qui-Gon boots - where did you get them, and are they comfortable?

I have been wanting a pair of leather Qui-Gon boots for a long time, but I still can't quite stomach the $350+ for custom boots from MotorCowboy. I'm not sure why though, since I have put that much into a couple hilts, each.
I heard this guy can make you a custom pair and for about half of motorcowboy. Some people on the jedi assembly have bought from him.
http://stores.ebay.com/TheLeatherBoutique_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3ame sstQQtZkm

DaJoQuim
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Everyone!!Thanks for the kind words;and;yes I'm going to make my own saber ;and;my training will be complete!!haha Anyway the qui-gon boots that I have btw good eyes on detail is from costume bay for around 123.00 and yes they do feel good to wear. I've also got me a great pair of insoles too lol!!DaJoQuim

xwingband
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I assume you're somewhere in Florida if you are going to Disney. Where you from?

There's a a few of us in Florida, me included. I've never been to Star Wars Weekends... planning to go to MegaCon in Orlando next week though.

DaJoQuim
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I assume you're somewhere in Florida if you are going to Disney. Where you from?

There's a a few of us in Florida, me included. I've never been to Star Wars Weekends... planning to go to MegaCon in Orlando next week though.

I'm from lake alfred florida in polk county about 20 mins from disney.Are you going to starwars weekends x-wingband?What is mega con? do they have starwars stuff there?DaJoQuim 8)

987654321a
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
really nice job on the costume man i really like it.

xwingband
02-10-2007, 07:40 AM

I'm from lake alfred florida in polk county about 20 mins from disney.Are you going to starwars weekends x-wingband?What is mega con? do they have starwars stuff there?DaJoQuim 8)

Okay, I know Polk county. I'm in Gainesville for school, but home is in South Florida. I've never been to SW Weekends. It always lands when I'm busy and had commitments.

MegaCon is a big sci-fi/whatever is nerdy convention in the Orange county convention center. It's next weekend. There is plenty of SW stuff. The Rebel Legion and 501st have a prominent booth. The 501st is running an SW costume contest and a prop workshop.

Check it out at www.megaconvention.com

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 10:46 AM
really nice job on the costume man i really like it.

Thanks for the kind words my friend;and;thanks for the info x-wingband!!DaJoQuim

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Hi Everyone!!Here's a pic of me dueling vader last year at starwars weekends. hey x-wingband;That starwars costume contest sounds tempting at megacon haha I just may crash it lol!!DaJoQuim 8) http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0434112.jpg

elrond.406
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow! Did you photoshop it yourself?

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:28 PM

Hi Elrond!!
The back ground in that picture was taken at mgm disney at starwars weekends last may;but;as for the lightsabers it was touched up by kit!!Now as for vader that guy in that costume played the part well!!DaJoQuim :lol:

elrond.406
02-10-2007, 06:29 PM

Hi Elrond!!
The back ground in that picture was taken at mgm disney at starwars weekends last may;but;as for the lightsabers it was touched up by kit!!Now as for vader that guy in that costume played the part well!!DaJoQuim :lol:

Oh, I thought the Vader was like a statue or something! :oops: :lol:

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Here's another pic of me with darth sidious at starwars weeks last may.This one is my favorite.DaJoQuim 8) http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF0440.jpg

elrond.406
02-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Wow, that Sidious lukes DEAD! He's soo pale :shock: :(

Lord Maul
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
sweet 8) :shock:
that sidious looks so cool. ya look out of place with the royal guards and a sith man :lol:

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:39 PM
haHa you're right about that darth maul;but;This year i'm coming for them lol!!I will have some great pics for sure!!DaJoQuim 8)

Lord Maul
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
execute order 65...kill all the sith :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Yes lord maul order 65 is coming lol!!BTW here's a pic of darth maul and me hahaDaJoQuim :lol: http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/DaJoQuim/DSCF04441copy12-1.jpg

Yoiaholic
02-10-2007, 07:58 PM
That kinda looks like sithvixen....

james3
02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice setup ya got there. I really like to color lay out. I could not tell what you were using for an inner tunic though.

Jay-gon Jinn
02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Nice costume! I like the color scheme!

Wolverine
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
sweet 8) :shock:
that sidious looks so cool. ya look out of place with the royal guards and a sith man :lol:

He actually doesn't look out of place, he's wearing Sith robes, and tunic (black), what does look out of place, is his yellow shirt, and the Emperor is rather portly, and that's a mask, not prosthetics, that most 501st Emperors wear. :wink: :D :lol:

DaJoQuim
02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
8) hi Everyone!!yes that black costume will be up-dated some time this year ;and;yes that was a yellow tee I have inside the tunic ;but;that was also my first year in a costume.I really like the costume I've got this year;and;next week at orlando I'm planning on entering that starwars costume contest done by the 501;so;please wish me luck guys.I'll post pics next sunday or late saturday night! this will be my first time at megacon;so;I'm really excited!!DaJoQuim 8)

xwingband
02-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Cool. 8) I'll probably be there. Look for the TCSS shirt and some kicking cool sabers. :D

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 11:51 AM
hey X, will you have the clear saber with ya???
why won't you wear the xwing costume? talk about a perfect opportunity :P

xwingband
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll bring the clear saber... assuming with faster shipping it gets done on time. I just did the soldering for it, it's waiting to solder in the buckpuck.

I can't go with my costume. It's not physically with me. I left it at home assuming I wouldn't work on it or need it until this summer.

I'm not concerned though. With the RL there it's not like I'll be special in it. It's not complete either. Most notably I have no boots.

Keeps me free to wear the TCSS shirt. :D Then I need to figure out how to get more than two sabers there. I'll probably enlist my friends to carry them. :wink:

vortextwist
02-11-2007, 12:34 PM
you could wear a robe and be like gen greivous, have abunch lined in your robe.

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
that would be pretty cool. have your fav sabers in the robe and bring one blade. then you can just swap out the hilts when ya want to :D

Jedi-Loreen
02-11-2007, 08:44 PM
I Hate You! :evil:

We've been trying to get Star Wars Weekends out here at Disneyland in California for years. We thought with the Jedi Academy coming here, we'd have a better shot, but no word on that yet, still. :(

Guess we'll just have to have another Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day again. :roll:

Oh, and to keep something on topic here, nice new costume. :)

Just be sure to keep your tabards straight and even. :wink:

DaJoQuim
02-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Jedi-Loreen!!
thanks for the kind words haha!! I don't know why disney land don't have starwars weekends;but;I think they should!!As for I don't know why that they don't have any starwars conventions down here in florida? If I could I'd go to c-4 in LA!! Oh well!! DaJoQuim 8)

xwingband
02-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi Jedi-Loreen!!
thanks for the kind words haha!! I don't know why disney land don't have starwars weekends;but;I think they should!!As for I don't know why that they don't have any starwars conventions down here in florida? If I could I'd go to c-4 in LA!! Oh well!! DaJoQuim 8)

C4 and the European equivalent are the ONLY SW conventions. Every other one is general.

jtsteph
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Great costume!
I think you will have a great time during SSW!

We visit Disney World every couple months or so. We (wife and kids) are in the Disney Vacation Club. We are Disney geeks! We usually drive from Ohio, 16 hours to be exact. I told you we like that place. Ha ha....We fly sometimes. Thing is, we like to eat at Fultons so for the four of us its about the same price for 1 airline ticket.

My son wore his Padawan costume for SSW and during the opening night of Sith at Downtown Disney.

MGM/Disney Studios is VERY crowded for SWW. Even more than it is at Christmas or New Years.

Here are some pictures:
The boy meets a trooper at Downtown Disney
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/jj2.jpg

Photo Op for the young padawan
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/NewImage.jpg

Get ready for ALOT of this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/jj5.jpg

JJ fights the Big Guy!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/jj6.jpg

Lord Maul
02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
great pics jtsteph 8)
looks like vader was getting owned :P :shock:

987654321a
02-14-2007, 11:22 PM
haha sidious looks like a manequin. :lol:

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 06:24 AM
I love that pic with the Imperial walker in the back ground. Is that the whole thing or just what you can see?

Firebird21
02-15-2007, 06:32 AM
I've been there! That place is cool!

And that is an entire Imperial Walker and I think Luke's even hanging under it too.

I got pics somewhere... I'll have to go digging.

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 06:37 AM
that would be cool.

Firebird21
02-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Well, I found the pics I was thinking of...

But I have no good ones of that exibit. :x

I got the top of R2-D2's dome and a couple of really dark pics of random crap. Nothing worth the agrivation of posting. That was before I got my good camera.

That's where we went on our Honeymoon. :wink:

fawnheart2000
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I'll be at Megacon on Saturday (If the Delta 2 rocket goes up on Friday). I'll be wearing my TCSS t-shirt and at least one converted MR saber and I have a few TCSS business cards that I'll pass out. Hopefully my jedi holoprojector will be done, also.

jtsteph
02-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Yes it is a complete AT-AT. It even shoots water from its blasters! However, you can see the "structure" from the back when you wait in line. The line flows through the Ewok village below it.

MGM/ Disney studios is meant to look like a movie set. I think thats why you can see the AT-AT skeleton from the back.

Actually, Darth Maul looked great in person. Very angry looking. He had yellow eyes. My God he had YELLOW eyes!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/jj8.jpg

Look sir, droids.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/jtstephens/jj9.jpg

Ryma Mara
02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
*crys I wanna go8

*Throws a fit*

NOT FAIR!

why must nebraska suck so much.

this sucks more than anythign that has ever sucked before.

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 04:00 PM
*crys I wanna go8

*Throws a fit*

NOT FAIR!

why must nebraska suck so much.

this sucks more than anythign that has ever sucked before.

that's the only thing I hate about Nebraska is Nothing Happens here

DaJoQuim
02-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow guys great pics!!Now you all know why I look forward to starwars weekends haha;anyway;I hope to see some of you there!!DaJoQuim 8)