PDA

View Full Version : MPS clip installation?

Piraterogue
08-03-2016, 09:13 PM
I have an MPS clip and I am not sure how to install it. My google foo is failing me. Any tips, or tricks would be great. Videos would be awesome.
Thanks for any help.

TrypWyr
08-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Check out "snap ring pliers". They can be a pain though, especially if you get the combination versions (internal and external, with swappable "heads"). These tend to flex at just the wrong time... You could also try some very pointy needle-nose pliers or just use glue or a rubber o-ring to hold it in. Many options! :)

While this video is for a mower pulley, the idea is the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VccP7YwcQc

Darth Nurse
08-04-2016, 04:55 AM
Small needle nose pliers work just fine. just ensure the tips are seated in the holes on the ring then go a quickly yet smoothly as you can. It might take a couple of tries but you will get it.

Silver Serpent
08-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Be sure to wear eye protection. If the MPS clip slips while you're installing it, it can fly away at great speed.

FenixFire
08-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Small needle nose pliers work just fine. just ensure the tips are seated in the holes on the ring then go a quickly yet smoothly as you can. It might take a couple of tries but you will get it.

Growing up we would take an old needle nose and grind the nose round so it fit snugly into the snap-ring holes. Saved us from the 1-hour drive to the hardware store.