PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the speaker out

Thalan the Exiled
07-19-2016, 08:08 AM
I want to get the speaker out of the speaker holder. I have the premium speaker and holder 4 both from the TCSS store. Please help I need to rewire the speaker and drill a few holes in the holder.

darth_chasm
07-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Probably not the best method, but I've used my automatic center punch and a small piece of rubber as padding. A couple shots and the speaker popped right out.

FenixFire
07-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Probably not the best method, but I've used my automatic center punch and a small piece of rubber as padding. A couple shots and the speaker popped right out.

Just be very careful the Neodymium magnets are very brittle.

snilam
07-19-2016, 07:45 PM
nut driver pushed though the back of the speaker holder, I feel like it spreads out the force or atleast that's what i'm telling myself. :)

Thalan the Exiled
07-20-2016, 11:03 AM
Yeah I am just scared of breaking it. I think I may just try to resolder it while in ghe holder. I think I can get to it with out much fuss. As for the holes I guess I can just be VERY careful while making them. I just don't have the money to buy a new speaker right now.

FenixFire
07-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Yeah I am just scared of breaking it. I think I may just try to resolder it while in ghe holder. I think I can get to it with out much fuss. As for the holes I guess I can just be VERY careful while making them. I just don't have the money to buy a new speaker right now.

The wide socket on the nut driver should work. I popped my Bass speaker out of the v4 holder fairly easily by just pushing it out with a socket that just fit the diameter of the back hole.

Thalan the Exiled
07-20-2016, 01:27 PM
When I get to that part of the chassis build I will try that. Thanks all for the help