PDA

View Full Version : Momentary Switch Question??????

FHMENDOZA
07-17-2016, 09:23 PM
If I use a Momentary Switch on a Nano Biscotte V3 does it require a Momentary to Latching converter to keep the saber on with out having to keep holding it, or does the saber stay on by itself?

FenixFire
07-17-2016, 09:31 PM
No, it is designed to only use a momentary switch.

FenixFire
07-17-2016, 09:33 PM
The saber will com on with a press and shut off with a long hold. Read the manual it will answer many questions, it can be downloaded from the store.

FHMENDOZA
07-17-2016, 11:12 PM
so I don't have to hold the switch to keep the saber on?
only to turn it off?

Silver Serpent
07-18-2016, 04:54 AM
That is correct. Once you turn it on, the NB will keep the saber activated until you tell it to shut off (or the battery dies).

Avidgrant
07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
so- could one also use a latching switch as the thing to completely turn the switch off??? or at least- disconnect the battery from the board so that you could then recharge the battery without fear of borking the nb?

Cire Yeldarb
07-25-2016, 10:49 AM
so- could one also use a latching switch as the thing to completely turn the switch off??? or at least- disconnect the battery from the board so that you could then recharge the battery without fear of borking the nb?

Yup, wiring in a latching switch in-line with one of the battery wires would have that effect (same as using a kill key in the recharge port though, so redundant if you are going to be using a recharge port anyways)

Avidgrant
07-25-2016, 11:03 AM
hmmmmmm interesting……. very interesting……… (not using a kill key- but do have a recharge "thingy")

girot
07-26-2016, 07:08 PM
might be much easier to just install a small basic on/off switch. that and the deep sleep mode is pretty effective. i haven't charged my TFA build once since i finished it... four minths ago. no kill key installed, no battery cutoff of any kind.

bill_fimm
07-28-2016, 10:19 AM
What if I wire 2 momentary switches? One under the red button, and one under the clamp card. Would I be able to activate my blade using either switch?? Or turn it on using one and off using the other?? Just a thought.

Silver Serpent
07-28-2016, 11:50 AM
You can wire multiple switches in parallel, and then any of them will function to turn the saber on or off. You can't have one switch dedicated to turning the saber on and a different switch dedicated to turning it off.

If you wire multiple switches in series, you'll have to press them all simultaneously to activate/deactivate the saber.

bill_fimm
07-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Thats what I meant to say but didn't word it right. Not dedicated switches..... Just using either switch for on, off, or turning on with the red button, off with the clamp card... Or reverse, or both on and off with the same switch.... Thanks for the answer, i was going to try it this weekend as i plan on doing my final assembly...but now I know for sure..

girot
07-28-2016, 07:20 PM
as long as they were wired in parallel, i don't see why not. that's something you could test without any expensive consequences.

bill_fimm
07-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes, i am putting my saber together this weekend, before i put it all together im going to try it. I'll let you know. It SHOULD work