PDA

View Full Version : satele shan etching

alcadude
07-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have the design for grand master satele shans lightsaber?Any help would be appreciated

PhoenixHawk
07-10-2016, 05:27 PM
just look at the youtube videos...and the pictures you find when you search in google and free hand them...there just wind swirls.

alcadude
07-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Do you have the pattern on pdf?

TheSilverDark
07-11-2016, 05:16 PM
If you google it you should find some patterns. The circumference of MHS parts is about 5" to help you with printing. Everything else is gonna be up to you.

alcadude
07-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I looked today and I couldn't find any.

FenixFire
07-12-2016, 11:31 AM
I looked today and I couldn't find any.

Thats the point we have been trying to get through. You have to create it for yourself, this is not a color by numbers hobby its a DIY hobby. But since you need some help on how to start here you go.

1. You will need to find images of it, it is just simple organic swirls.
2. Build/machine the saber components that you want to etch
3. Lay/Wrap lightweight card-stock over these part to create the template for laying out the etching patterns
4. Then determine what works best for you to recreate the pattern.
a. Vector software like Illustrator that can export a pdf for a print house to create a vinyl cut stencil, or print it out on pnp paper. (more precise but has significantly more investment)
b. Vinyl tape covering the peice to be etched, then hand draw the patern and cut the vinyl with an X-Acto knife. (low cost and easy to do)
5. Finish masking off the parts as needed for the etching process you will be using.

You are not going to find a ready to etch pattern, not how this works.

PhoenixHawk
07-12-2016, 06:56 PM
just look at the youtube videos...and the pictures you find when you search in google and free hand them...there just wind swirls.

Hence why i said you have to free hand them. ...this is a good shot of it.
Copy it then just expand it around the other side that you can't see.....haven't you ever doodled?

alcadude
07-13-2016, 06:18 AM
Now i understand better.Thanks for the help