PDA

View Full Version : heiland flash handle

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I have an old one and what is the best way to get the corrosion and crap out of the inside?

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Just a hollow tube?

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Get a wooden dowel, the biggest one you can fit into your drill. (1/2 or 5/8 I think is the most common.)

Cut the dowel down to about 6" then on one side cut right down the center of the dowel about 4" in. So it looks like an old wooden clothespin.

Take a piece of 180g sand paper and fold it so it's 4" wide. (Length shouldn't matter much.) Then slide it into the cut dowel and center the dowel in the middle of the paper.

Put some short screws in the dowel to hold the 2 pieces of the dowel together and hold the sand paper in place. You may want to pre drill the holes so you don't split the wood.

Now you have a nifty little sander you can put into your drill. Put the sand paper and dowel in the tube and pull the trigger. And away you go!

This should also work well with that tight fit of the Vader conversion blade holder.

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 09:40 AM
hey ya thanks firebird.

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Glad my good-ole Yankee ingenuity could help. :D
Around here instead of :

“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!”

It’s, “If it ain’t broke modify it!”

xwingband
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
First I'd see if anything comes off in a mild solution. I'd try a vinegar mixture then warm soap water. The less hard elbow grease, the better I say. :)

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 10:02 AM
The less hard elbow grease, the better I say. :)

Typical of a Floridian... :roll:

:mrgreen:

xwingband
02-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey, If half of it came off with no work involved I'm all for it. :P

Like the battery crud in your car... why scrub it off if I can pour some Coca-Cola on it (besides wasted soda)?

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
i'll proly try both if the vinagar don't get it all. on the same note, would it be better to make an vader or anakin out of it.

i'll post a pic in a bit

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
i'd wast coca cola. that stuff is awfull

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Like the battery crud in your car... why scrub it off if I can pour some Coca-Cola on it (besides wasted soda)?

You're supposed to use a water and baking soda solution. The baking soda neutralizes the acid caused by the electrolysis (that fluffy white crap, or green depending on the metals present). And don't get any of it on your clothes. Unless you like holey clothing. :wink:

Coke is corrosive. It will eat through a steel bumper. Just to let you know.

xwingband
02-06-2007, 10:17 AM

hehe, that's why it's good stuff. :D I never said I'd keep it there either.

supertrogdor
02-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Firebird, do you think if someone were to get the acid residue on their clothes it would help them live a more pious lifestyle... as their wardrobe would then match?

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Lets put it this way... If you get too much on you you'll get to know God real good!

JediHilt
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Or you can just avoid all that girly man stuff and buy a diegrinder wirewheel and sock it to that sucker.

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 01:05 PM
I could, but I spend all my extra money here at The Custom Saber Shop.

JediHilt
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Vortex Twist is a little girly man. :lol:

vortextwist
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
well I doubt that. But when it comes to the wife letting me have money is like squeezing blood out of a rock.

bustinthejus
02-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Let's see you squeeze money out of my dad.... :roll:

JediHilt
02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm just razin you vortex.

vortextwist
02-07-2007, 07:13 AM
ya I know, but tryin to get money from her for "lightsabers" is tough

Ryma Mara
02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Or you can just avoid all that girly man stuff and buy a diegrinder wirewheel and sock it to that sucker.

That wouldent work very well. the soft metals that the posts are made out of would get scratched away. they do make a tool thats used to clean both the posts and the connector on the cables.

Just mode it to attack to a drill and there ya go, much safer and non destructive way to clean the battery terminals.

vortextwist
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM

That wouldent work very well. the soft metals that the posts are made out of would get scratched away. they do make a tool thats used to clean both the posts and the connector on the cables.

Just mode it to attack to a drill and there ya go, much safer and non destructive way to clean the battery terminals.
did you even read this? There is nothing in this post about battery posts.

Firebird21
02-07-2007, 01:09 PM
did you even read this? There is nothing in this post about battery posts.

You're supposed to use a water and baking soda solution. The baking soda neutralizes the acid caused by the electrolysis (that fluffy white crap, or green depending on the metals present). And don't get any of it on your clothes. Unless you like holey clothing. :wink:

:wink:

vortextwist
02-07-2007, 01:11 PM
that's right, battery crud not batery post. I just like to raz my brother a bit. He sleeps too much.

Firebird21
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I just like to raz my brother a bit. He sleeps too much.

Well then, have at it! :twisted: