PDA

View Full Version : NBv3 PLI wiring

mike15301
06-09-2016, 09:51 AM
has anyone used a PLI on a NBv3 if so how did you wire it I'm trying to avoid using a kill key is it possible to use a PLI with out the kill key and it not be on all the time

Silver Serpent
06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
The PLI is wired between the saber electronics and the battery. If you don't have a kill key or other method of interrupting power, it will be on all the time. The sound board you are using is irrelevant.

The exception is if you're using the PLI function of the Crystal Focus board, but then you have to wire up the PLI LEDs individually (the PLI from the store won't work).

The PLI works by measuring the voltage directly from the battery. You need a method of cutting the power between the PLI and the battery. A kill key works. You could also install a small latching switch on one of the PLI wires.

mike15301
06-09-2016, 11:10 AM
thanks for the info guess ill have to start looking for a low profile kill key what if you were to wire it to the deep sleep pad I don't think they make any latching switches small enough that id be able to use one on my build

Silver Serpent
06-09-2016, 11:40 AM
You can wire it to the deep sleep pad, but it won't operate as a PLI. The PLI needs to read the voltage from your battery. Reading the voltage from the 3.3v pads on the board won't tell you how your battery is doing.

You could try a DIP switch. They're pretty small.

FenixFire
06-09-2016, 12:56 PM
thanks for the info guess ill have to start looking for a low profile kill key what if you were to wire it to the deep sleep pad I don't think they make any latching switches small enough that id be able to use one on my build

I sanded the cheapest one in the shop to fit flush with the recharge port opening. It is now low enough to allow my hilt to slide over the chassis with it in the charge port.

Edit: link http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Kill-plug-style-4-P783.aspx

NanoRex
06-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Actually, you can wire the PLI to the deep sleep pad with the help of a Power Extender. Use the example wiring for FoC using a PEx in the NBv2 manual, but hook it up to the PLI instead of a high-power LED and the deep sleep pad instead of the FoC pad. :)