PDA

View Full Version : Little resistors question

Off3line
06-08-2016, 12:49 AM
Hi everyone!

I recently bought my first LED's . One of them is the tri cree GGG with a 3.7 V battery setup . Soo.. Now some people mentioned that I don't necessarily need a resistor for the LED... Is that true? Can I wire it up without any problems?
Thanks for answering!

Greenie
06-08-2016, 03:46 AM
The forward voltage of the green Crees is very close to the 3.7v battery but fully charged it may be 4.2v. It's always advisable to use resistors cos it saves blowing a $20 led for the sake of $2 worth of resistors. I believe the lowest the store sells a 0.47ohm which is more than enough and won't be noticabley dimmer. Use one on each die. :)

Off3line
06-08-2016, 04:30 AM
The forward voltage of the green Crees is very close to the 3.7v battery but fully charged it may be 4.2v. It's always advisable to use resistors cos it saves blowing a $20 led for the sake of $2 worth of resistors. I believe the lowest the store sells a 0.47ohm which is more than enough and won't be noticabley dimmer. Use one on each die. :)

Hi

Thanks for answering!
Thats what I thought too!
I just wasnt sure if the difference between the fV from the tri cree and the 4.2 V is too high.
However, I think I will use the resistors to not let the LED's blow off
:-)