PDA

View Full Version : How to install a 1.25 led/blade holder into a 1.5 sink tube?

phook15
06-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Should I put it in a 1.25 inch tube diameter and then put that tube in the 1.5 inch sink tube?

Jay-gon Jinn
06-08-2016, 05:46 AM
I think it'd probably be easier to use the 1.5 inch sink tube blade holder instead.

phook15
06-08-2016, 07:14 AM
They don't have them on the store

Hold up I just saw it under "non mhs blade holders". I couldn't find it because I was looking under sink tube section. Thanks.

phook15
06-08-2016, 01:24 PM
Jay Gon, how do I install the blade holder in the tube if Sink tubes can't be threaded? I read your tutorial for a sink tube install and notices you deiled your MHS adapter near the top of the tube. If I'm fitting my blade holder inside the sink tube completely, should I drill two holes in the middle of the holder on opposite sides?

Sevinzol
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM
You drill and tap the holder for the screws. the sink tube is too thin for threads so drill a hole big enough for the screw to go through it.
I would put at least 2 holes on opposite sides of the holder for securing it in the sink tube. Don't drill them through where the blade will go, put them further down. Drill one other hole for your blade retention screw so that it will press against the blade when it is in the holder. I would put it at half the depth of the blade hole.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-11-2016, 05:12 AM
You drill and tap the holder for the screws. the sink tube is too thin for threads so drill a hole big enough for the screw to go through it.
I would put at least 2 holes on opposite sides of the holder for securing it in the sink tube. Don't drill them through where the blade will go, put them further down. Drill one other hole for your blade retention screw so that it will press against the blade when it is in the holder. I would put it at half the depth of the blade hole.
^This.^