PDA

View Full Version : NBv3 w/ 3-pin Quick Connect Wiring Check

fdesa12
06-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone. This is my first attempt ever at putting a saber together. Can someone please verify if this setup is correct?

Things to note:
- 3.7V battery
- Removable battery setup
- Act. switch LED is wired to Deep Sleep Power Indicator. Is this correct/best for removable battery setup to reduce battery drain since no kill key?
- All dots/points = connections. If no dot (especially where wires overlap each other), not a connection.
- I screwed up drawing the speaker wiring, got distracted...

Greenie
06-06-2016, 04:24 AM
I see no issues with that. You're correct with deep sleep but another option would be to wire the switch led in parallel with the blade then it would only light when activated. :)

Edit: typo

Beyrle
06-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Hey fellas, new here (first post) I have a similar question regarding NBV3. I am trying to wire a 3W LED for a crystal chamber. Can I use Power Indicator wiring for this? (Think I read in manual that there are no special accent LED leads on the NBV3.) If I understand it correctly will this light up the crystal when the blade is on?
Thanks for the help....Chris

Greenie
06-06-2016, 01:21 PM
^^as above^^. Wire in parallel with the main LED. ;)

FenixFire
06-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Why are you using a high-power LED for the crystal chamber? The answer is no, the accent pads are for accent leds that draw 18mA not 1000mA like the high intensity blade LEDs. Typically the chambers are lit with 3mm, 5mm, or SMD LEDs.

fdesa12
06-06-2016, 09:57 PM
I see I issues with that. You're correct with deep sleep but another option would be to wire the switch led in parallel with the blade then it would only light when activated. :)

Good point! I'm assuming that the LED ring would light up if it had been attached to Deep Sleep once awoken?

On another note, I'm now reconsidering the recharge port. So... back to redrawing...

Beyrle
06-07-2016, 04:31 AM
I'm an idiot. The LED for chamber is 3mm (not 3W, that would be crazy, lol.)

NanoRex
06-07-2016, 06:23 AM
When attached to the DS pad, the LED is simply on when the saber is idle or ignited, and off when the saber is in deep sleep mode or the power is cut. So it's an ideal place for your crystal chamber LEDs if you'd like.

FenixFire
06-07-2016, 08:20 AM
When attached to the DS pad, the LED is simply on when the saber is idle or ignited, and off when the saber is in deep sleep mode or the power is cut. So it's an ideal place for your crystal chamber LEDs if you'd like.

I'm thinking I will attempt that on my next build. The size of the pad intimidated me on the first NB build. I have an Idea to have the chamber lit dimly from the DS pad. Then fire a second accent wired with the blade on ignition. Might even just do it on my latest build as it is still unfinished, and I already have the extra 3 mm installed in the chamber.

NanoRex
06-07-2016, 08:10 PM
That's a really cool idea. If you had room, you could even wire a third white LED in parallel with the FoC for added effect.

FenixFire
06-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Done. Currently have a white super bright on the bottom and a blue super bright on the top, wired with the blade to give the same icy silver as the blade. The 3mm blue is mounted next to the bottom white. Pretty simple to rewire at this point. Might even have enough room to fit a 3mm blue in the top fitting, I want to re print the top of the chamber anyway. I did a print on my SLA in NEXT and the material is not holding the set screws the way I had hoped...should have listened to my own advice but the FDM printer was out of commission at the time and we needed it for the science fair presentations.