PDA

View Full Version : Is my board fried?

phook15
06-01-2016, 05:57 PM
So I just wired up my saber using a blade builders board and as I'm sliding it through the sink tube the switch positive and negative keep contacting the sink tube turning it on and off. I'm also sure thet recharge port was contacting the metal sink tube. After that I tried touching the two switch wires but nothing happened. No sound, no lights. Is it fried?

UPDATE: I just poked around it with a multimeter and after using the battery function on the voltage plus and minus on the board, and then connecting the switch positive and negs it turned on. What a ****ing relief, I've sunk $400 into the saber. If any of you newbies are wiring your saber, make sure not to do what I did! Put electricial tape on the switch positive and negatives , and on the recharge port too.

darth_chasm
06-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Heat shrink is a much better solution. Especially when you are spending that much on a build. The adhesive on the electrical tape will deteriorate as time marches on. More so with cheap brand tape. Electrical tape can also take up a lot more room than heat shrink.

phook15
06-01-2016, 10:55 PM
I meant from the period in between sliding the electronics through the tube and wiring the switch wires to the switch. Which is about 10 seconds.

Silver Serpent
06-02-2016, 07:00 AM
A dab of hot glue over the troublesome solder points will work as well. I try to avoid using electrical tape for anything saber related, even on a temporary basis. In my experience, temporary solutions become permanent solutions (and then become big problems later on.)