I have:
Switchcraft 2.1mm Power Jack
7.4v Li-ion 2600mAh 18650 Battery Pack
7.4V Li-ion smart charger with 2.1mm plug
MWS Long Latching 16mm AV Switch - Nickel
BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module

Issues that I am having:
1) Every time I hook the 16mm AV switch to the battery, the switch illuminates. How do I wire it so that it only illuminates when depressed?

2) I can get the main LED to illuminate when connected to a battery, simple enough, but it will not illuminate when connected to the switch. (Again, only switch LED illuminates regardless of the position.)

3) I watched the video on YouTube about wiring a recharge port, I cannot tell which prong is which.
-There is a side with "sc" on it, I think this is the grounding from the main LED.
-The middle port is the grounding to the battery?
-Opposite of the "sc" is the red from the LED and the battery?

Thank you for all your help...

jbkuma
05-26-2016, 12:00 PM
The LED on the switch isn't by default an indicator of whether or not the switch is on. If you just connect it to the battery you are just powering it directly. You need to bridge the appropriate LED leg to the line you are switching so it will go on and off with the switch.

Greenie
05-26-2016, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't like to advise you on the terminals of the 2.1mm jack unless I saw it in person but if it's the same as the one in Madcow's video, watch it again with it in your hand. Jbkuma is right about bridging the switch and led terminal but don't forget to put a resistor between that bridge. The led only wants 20mA

ccwebb
05-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Ok... So the switch has a port on both "lines" and one line already has a resistor. I need to connect the resistor line to the other one, then to the battery and main led?

Generic Jedi
05-27-2016, 09:29 PM
The switch is actually two separate components: the switch itself, and the accent LED. The switch doesn't need a resistor. The accent LED in the switch does need a resistor, but the MWS switch already has a DynaOhm resistor wired in.

ccwebb
06-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Ok... this is my ignorance showing here. Please forgive me; the switch lines have the resistor or the LED line has the resistor?

FenixFire
06-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Led line.