PDA

View Full Version : Amber color mixing

DarkPhoenix
05-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Hello all, just received my RGRb Tri-Cree board and was looking to mix (for now) a nice orangey amber blade. I'm looking at resistor values and figured I'd put the question out there to the community vs buying 200 resistors... :) I'm OK with buying a few sets to figure out the specific color I want, but I would be grateful if you guys could give me a narrower range.
I know I could have just bought an amber led, but I wanted to eventually upgrade my board to the CF and have the ability to change colors. .

As for specs, I'm planning on using a single trustfire battery (3.7v), a Nano Biscotte sound board and I bought the LEDs from TCSS (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/RedGreenRoyal-Blue-Cree-XP-E2-CopperNova-P1016.aspx)

Thankful for any help you can give me!!

Sevinzol
05-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Try using a potentiometer for each of the DIE then once you have to color you want, use a multi-meter to determine the resistance you need. Some alligator clips and a bread board might help as well.

DarkPhoenix
05-23-2016, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I was considering that, just figured I'd poll the community before buying $30+ worth of potentiometers (finding 1-2w+ pots starting around $10 each) or resistors... :)