PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wab MHS Saber

JediHilt
02-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I figured out some really neat tricks to make our MHS Obi sabers look more real I think you going to like some of the things I did.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/M9man/MHSobiwan.png
it starts with a AS handwheel then the T-grips section is 1&3/4 inch long and has been lathed down to 1.25inches which forms a 4inch circumference allowing you to place exactly 8 T-grips being .5inch wide that will be recessed into the hilt giving a a realistic radiator look the T-grips have 45degree dog ears. Next the graflex clamp and then a MHS grenade the end has been beveled then a style8 emitter that is gapped from the grenade and held in place by a set screw then you take a .5inch wide section of cheap sink tube take the chrome off leaving the gold luster underneath it is epoxied to the lip at the base of the emitter then grooves are added to the sinktube and the emitter and then paint and polish and you have a MHS Obi-Wan saber.

Lord Maul
02-02-2007, 04:12 PM
wow, very creative man :D :shock: 8)
the only thing wrong is the pommel. it is supposed to chromey, not gold :roll: :wink:

02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
AAAHHHHH....you stole my saber.

Great job on the modded pic JediHilt. I could have used your insight while I was building it.

Maul, it is chrome, just bad lighting.

EDIT: I just thought of something JediHilt. The way that I vent my grenades for sound, there would be no way that I could have taken the radiator down to 1 1/2. I have a modded AA batterery pack, and its all that I can do to get the pommel pushed on. Still, great ideas.

JediHilt
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Well atleast it's not like trying to put an electronics kit into a an original design Obi Wan hilt they look nice but good luck trying to get as much as a stunt saber mounted in one lol.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/M9man/MikeyX_1.jpg

02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Yeah, it would be tough. Besides, if you were somehow able to make the emitter deep enough to hold a blade and heatsink, you would never be able to duel with it as thin as the neck is.

jtsteph
02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Very nice work.

02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks jtsteph, the saber is mine but jedihilt did the new and improved render of it.

Jonitus
02-07-2007, 07:37 AM
I've got a few AS Handwheels that I could be persuaded to part with. They're the newer style chrome-plated plastic, but the look is virtually the same. PM me if interested.

DaJoQuim
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow that's a real awesome looking saber you have there!!DaJoQuim 8)