PDA

View Full Version : Does the kill key need to be inside the recharge port when the saber is off?

phook15
05-16-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm going to wire up my saber and finish it tomorrow, but I need to know if I need a kill key for it. I'm using a Hasbro economy board and a 3.7 li-ion if that helps. Are kill keys just for more advanced soundboards?

TrypWyr
05-16-2016, 09:26 PM
The purpose of the recharge port (if wired correctly) is allow power from the battery to the soundboard (any soundboard) when nothing is inserted; provide recharge power to the battery when a charger plug is inserted (and absolutely no power to the board); and no power to anything if a kill key is inserted (interrupts power from battery to the board).

Check out the diagram on the following link. I've been wiring sound boards for a few years now, I still refer to this particular sketch every single time.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?14572-JediMasterTim-s-Wiring-Diagram&p=213165#post213165

Denz
05-17-2016, 05:18 AM
The killkey acts as the on/off power switch. It "kills" the power to the electronics when it is inserted into the recharge port. So if you don't want power going to the board then use the killkey.

-Denzil