PDA

View Full Version : How to use the mhs?

The grey jedi
05-16-2016, 02:58 PM
Hey i am new to this sight and i am not quite sure how to use the mhs and i was wondering if anyone had any tips. I kind of figured most of it out my main question is how to get a new paint job done on the sabers.

FenixFire
05-16-2016, 03:12 PM
They are generally DIY. You can get powder coating and custom machining done by the shop, or you can contract local powder coating vendors. You can also just paint it with spray paint or model paint as well. It's really up to you. Since the are alluminum you could even send them off for anodizing. It only depends on your creativity and budget.

The grey jedi
05-16-2016, 04:44 PM
Ok thank you for the advice cause I've seen bideos where they use the computer system and go color on only the small divets of the main handle and when i went on to check out if i could do that it didn't give me the same option so i thougt it was do to an update.

bunger
05-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Ok thank you for the advice cause I've seen bideos where they use the computer system and go color on only the small divets of the main handle and when i went on to check out if i could do that it didn't give me the same option so i thougt it was do to an update.

The shop used to offer specific, custom powder coating services (like what you are talking about), but they discontinued those services after demand went through the roof.

ColdVizjerei
05-16-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm guessing you're talking about powder coating that requires machining afterwards. TCSS has discontinued that for now, which is why that option is no longer present in the MHS builder.

The announcement was made here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?17540-The-future-of-powder-coating

The grey jedi
05-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Ok that makes sence thank you for the information.

xl97
05-19-2016, 06:58 AM
Ok that makes sence thank you for the information.

You can use the MHS builder to understand how, and what parts fits together as well:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/mhsbuilder.php?tabid=38