PDA

View Full Version : Sink tube cutouts

Zhi-don
02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Question:

Does someone make cutouts in sink tubes for the MHS? It took me almost 6 months to find someone, and unfortunately he made the cutout too big. He is no longer available for this and I need another sink tube done before C4. If anyone can do this, let me know.

Thanks.

JediHilt
02-02-2007, 10:19 AM
To be honest with you I don't know why Tim doesn't offer a service of that in fact I have an idea for that. What if you could print or have a picture of a scale sized template of a sink tube as if it were unrolled as a flat sheet then you draw your cutouts with a pencil or an art program then scan or export your picture and email it or PM it to Tim and he could take that template cut out the cutouts wrap it around the sink tube tape it in place and fire up the dremel.

Jonitus
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Zhi-Don,

What is it you want done? If you have a sketch with detailed measurements or a template, I can cut the sinktube for you. I could have it turned around inside of a week if I had the template finalized.

Zhi-don
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Thats a good idea. You really need a steady hand with a dremel for this kind of work. I tried it myself on my prototype a few years ago. I screwed it up so badly, I needed to cover the edges with rubber tubing. that looked pretty good when I was done, but I never want to repeat that experience. if you had a piece of pvc just a little larger than a sink pipe you could draw the design on that and then cut it out and use it to keep from cutting the sink tube when you make the cuts on that.

Jonitus
02-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I use masking tape to cover the sinktube and burnish it down firmly, then cut the template out and use 3M photo adhesive to secure it to the sinktube. I have very steady hands and enough attachments on the Dremel to make cleanup work very minimal and only done with jeweler's files afterwards. Once it's all done, I pull off the template and tape, wash it with warm water and soap, and viola!

JediHilt
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey Jonitus I jumped onto your site to look at your saber gallery and your website is glitching it brings up a blank page when you click on anyhting other than home page you might want to fix that.

Zhi-don
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. You must have a pretty steady hand. I cut right through the duct tape I was using to keep from cutting the tube.

Jonitus
02-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey Jonitus I jumped onto your site to look at your saber gallery and your website is glitching it brings up a blank page when you click on anyhting other than home page you might want to fix that.

Nope, everything works on my end. The gallery is blank until I get the .jpg converted to .png

Everything else displays as it should. Hopefully you're not using an outdated version of Internet Explorer to look at the pages... The website is not totally complete as of yet. Patience...you must learn patience...

Jonitus
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds pretty good to me. You must have a pretty steady hand. I cut right through the duct tape I was using to keep from cutting the tube.

I'd be happy to cut the tube for you. Just get me the design or template as soon as you can. We can PM for details.

Strydur
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
It is something that takes allot of time to do right. If I was to offer the service I would have to charge allot more than I would think its worth.

Jonitus
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Tim's right. Doing cutouts the right way takes a lot of time to get them done right. It's not so much the cutting that takes a long time, but the finish work afterwards to smooth the curves and make sure straight cuts are truly straight.