PDA

View Full Version : Tri Cree - 1 LED vs 2 LED for blade color

qaos
05-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Hi again,

I see most Tri Cree are set up with Color/Color/White where white is used for the FoC, and the two Color dice are for the blade color.
In most cases (other than mixing) the dice are the same, EG: G/G/W or B/B/W...

My question is what is the difference between wiring up both color dice vs just one?

The reason I am asking is if I get a R/rB/G Tri Cree for my lighting (giving me the option to have any color for my FoC, and the other two for blade color: G=FoC) I could use R/rB for a purple blade or just R for a red blade.

To keep things simple, lets say I have a R/R/W Tri Cree and not worry about color mixing.

What differences are there from wiring 1 of the R LEDs vs wiring 2 of the R LEDs (focusing on color, brightness, etc)?

Cire Yeldarb
05-11-2016, 03:53 PM
It would be slightly brighter with both dies lit, though not twice as bright by any means. The Color itself should stay the same (or super super close) assuming they are the same LED

qaos
05-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Thanks. That helped.

Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere (haven't found it yet) but with the FoC color, does it blend with the blade color? or does the blade color turn off and the FoC color come on when activated?
In other words, does it oscillate between the Blade and FoC colors or just blend in the FoC color?

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-11-2016, 04:14 PM
It would depend on your sound card and possibly on how you have it set up.

qaos
05-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Im thinking NB v3 and having R/rB as Purple blade and G as FoC.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
05-11-2016, 05:57 PM
Im thinking NB v3 and having R/rB as Purple blade and G as FoC.

OK. Then the 3 would "blend" in that case.