PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a Vader saber.

ti-el_terall
02-01-2007, 12:14 AM
So I got all my parts in today and in the process of converting the blade holder wouldn't go in. I hand sanded everything down but It still was a really tight fit. When I finally got it in i realized it wasn't lined up. I was able to screw the blade holder screw in but after i screwed it back in a second time i broke in half. After trying to pull out the electronics thru the bottom the three pin part of the saber broke off. So now I'm stuck with a Vader saber that doesn't have a blade holder in right and the battery pack is wrecked. Any one know a good way to get the blade holder out?
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/100_0706-1.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Ti-el_Terall/100_0709.jpg

Strydur
02-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Well..Now that the pins are allready messed up I would just use something to push from the bottom. You could also try and lock a piece of blade in holder via a set screw etc and pull it out.

I know a few of you have had trouble with these and its mainly due to the different versions of hilt material etc.. I have done plenty of these conversions and you really must be sure that everything inside the tube and on the blade holder is sanded smooth. IE..any screw hole etc. And then TEST FIT before shoving it all together. If you test fit the blade holder while the electronics are not in place then its easy to shove it back out with a stick etc.

Sorry it all went bad for you. Must be Sith karma or something :?

darthdan
02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Once you get all the electronics pulled out, it shouldn't be too hard to rewire and solder everything together so that it works fine. If you had to, you could just solder the wires from the board straight to the posts on the battery pack.
I haven't done this, but almost had to on my Vader. I would tentatively suggest just trying to pull the rest of the electronics through the bottom, just be careful with the board. The rest you should be able to fix if something pulls loose. Then just put a large dowel or something in there and tap it out with a hammer.

Firebird21
02-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I used a pair of side cutters (Dikes) that fit just right inside the emitter, then I spred them and pulled at the same time... It does some damage to the inside of the emitter, but it's not unfixable, and it's less damage than any other method I can think of.

You might need 2 people.. one to hold the hilt and one to pull on the pliers. You can also use this method to align the emitter in the hilt, but that's a mut point now.

xwingband
02-01-2007, 09:52 AM
If you need it I can throw you a set of the three pins. I gutted the one I got from the auction here. I didn't need the three pin part so I could snail mail that your way.

vortextwist
02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I have a battery pack that does not have a speaker or wires. let me know and i can send it to ya. sometimes you can pic them up complete on ebay.

ti-el_terall
02-01-2007, 05:01 PM
If you need it I can throw you a set of the three pins. I gutted the one I got from the auction here. I didn't need the three pin part so I could snail mail that your way.

Sending you a PM right now.
The main problem right now is that i cant get the electronics out. When I had put it all in once before i was able to slid the electronics out the bottom and the I just put the grip side of a hmmer up and knocked it out. Im planning on getting my shop teacher to see if theres anything he could do about it to help.

On a completly unrelated note, did Tim get new optics? The one thats stuck in my vader is a bit different then some other ones I have.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone, I will definatly remember this all when i convert my second Vader.

xwingband
02-01-2007, 05:12 PM
did you get a 5 vs a 10 degree? They're virtually the same with the noticable difference of the top. The 10 is flat and you can see the molding while a 5 has just that funky shape and the no flat top.

ti-el_terall
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Everything is fixed! Pics posted in proper place! Thanks for the help everyone!

Firebird21
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
That's awsome.

darthdan
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM
What ended up working?

ti-el_terall
02-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I pushed out the electronics by using a small screw driver and pushing down thru the holes. After that I used the grip of a hammer an dknocked it out. I sanded it down alot more and now it seems to fit better.