PDA

View Full Version : Prizm, tri Cree RGB, and wiring the LEDs

bunger
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
In referencing the Prizm manual, page 15, it shows what I assume to be a RGB 3-die LED.

Are these the preferred wiring holes on the Prizm for the Red, Blue, and Green LEDs so they match the default color profile values?

In other words, should the red die be attached to the hole nearest the edge followed by green followed by blue?

I know that you could actually arrange them in any manner you wish, but which method is "normally" used?

Thanks!

bunger
05-19-2016, 04:16 PM
I suppose I can just go for it and hope for the best. ��

Quixotic Jedi
05-20-2016, 06:18 AM
If you read a little bit more of the manual you'll see that you can wire the LEDs in any way you want. You set your colors in the config and profile text files on the microSD card either in a text editor or with the RICE software. Both are super simply once you know what you want for current values of your LEDs. So you can wire in RGB, BGR, GRB, etc. Then, when you open your color profiles you can set your current in miilliamps for your three LEDs to mix for the color you want in both main blade and FOC colors.

Rob has an excellent video on using the RICE software here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0mg3GoJyo

It's for the Petite Crouton, but it's the same principal for any of the Plector Labs sound cards.

While you're at it you might also want to check out the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCustomSaberShop

Lots of great information there that could save you some questions down the line.

Good luck with your build.

bunger
05-20-2016, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I have already watched the videos and have been on the boards for a while now and I knew that the order for the pads didn't technically matter; however, it looks like there are preconfigured color profiles on the card and if that is the case, those pre-suppose a specific order to work "out of the box."

It is also possibly that the card isn't preloaded... Either way, I will figure it out.

darth_chasm
05-20-2016, 11:07 AM
I always wire as such L1, L2, L3 = R, G, B.

bunger
05-20-2016, 11:37 AM
I always wire as such L1, L2, L3 = R, G, B.

Thanks!!