PDA

View Full Version : Help with saberfonts on nbv3

sgmtino
05-05-2016, 05:37 AM
I purchased some saber fonts yesterday and used the tutorial at the bottom of their page showing how to change the fonts on the sd card. I didn't have any luck. Can someone give me instructions on how to do this properly? I finally got the light and dark meat back on the card correctly. the fonts I purchased were BRAWLER,BLACKSTAR, & ROGUE

darth_chasm
05-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Did you verify that those fonts are properly formatted for/compatible with your board? Have you taken every step outlined in the manual?

Silver Serpent
05-05-2016, 08:38 AM
The most important step, the one that many beginners seem to miss: Perform a FULL format of the SD card. Quick format will not work.

sgmtino
05-05-2016, 09:34 AM
I will try the full format I only did the quick one as for following the instructions I used the video tutorial at the bottom of saberfont.com page

Jay-gon Jinn
05-05-2016, 10:36 AM
you may also want to make sure the fonts are for Plecter Labs products, not NEC....they are not interchangeable.

sgmtino
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM
here is what I purchased

BRAWLER REMASTERED FONT PACKAGE CFv5+ / PCv2+ [.wav].

Board: Crystal Focus v5+ / PC v2+ / CS/ NB Format: .wav

ROGUE FONT PACKAGE CFv5+ / PCv2+ [.wav].

Board: Crystal Focus v6+ / PC v2+/ CS / NB Format: .wav

BLACKSTAR FONT PACKAGE CFv5+ / PCv2+ [.wav].

Board: Crystal Focus v5+ / PC v2+ Format: .wav

Jay-gon Jinn
05-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Those are the correct fonts for the board. Make sure when you transfer them that you are formatting as stated already, and are not missing any files.

sgmtino
05-06-2016, 05:48 AM
so I basically make a copy of my sd card and overwrite the copy with the new sound font then put it on the completely formatted sd card

Greenie
05-06-2016, 06:38 AM
I make a copy of the original and name it 'back up'. Then make another copy and name it 'edit file'. Then I can overwrite new sounds to the edit file and send it to the fully reformatted sd card. ;)

sgmtino
05-08-2016, 06:38 AM
if i get another sd card to put the new sound fonts on is there a certain size card i need?

darth_chasm
05-08-2016, 08:20 AM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Nano-Biscotte-V3-Sound-Module-SD-card-P807.aspx

Silver Serpent
05-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Any MicroSD card, from 1GB to 16GB should do the job. Get a quality brand if you can, some people have had issues with the el-cheapo brands.

sgmtino
05-16-2016, 05:45 AM
ok so I purchased a new micro sd card and I took the rogue and brawler sound fonts and put them on the card when I installed the card and pressed the av switch I got a series of beeps and then the blade led started flashing on and off intermittently and the only way I could turn it off was to remove the power from the board any ideas what im doing wrong

Silver Serpent
05-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Be sure that you perform a full format on the brand new SD card. Also be sure you copy your config files into your font folders. The fonts don't come with them.

sgmtino
05-16-2016, 07:34 AM
I did a full format and I did use the dark and light meat config files when I created the folder I just overwrote the existing files so it left the original files that were not included in the fonts I purchased.

sgmtino
05-19-2016, 03:27 PM
i still cant get the saber fonts sounds to work on my sd card when I put the sd card in it makes a series of beeps when I turn it on then the led randomly flickers on and off until I remove power from the battery and re install the original card someone please instruct me what im doing wrong I have purchased fonts and cant make them work.

Jay-gon Jinn
05-26-2016, 05:55 AM
It's difficult to help you without knowing your exact steps you're taking to change the fonts....but here's what I do:
1. set up the contents for the sd card in a folder called "SD transfer" on my pc's desktop.
2. the contents of that folder will include an empty bank1 and bank2 folders, override.txt, rev.txt, prefs.txt files.
3. add the soundfonts to to the bank1 and bank2 folders inside the folder on my desktop.
4. Add the correct config.txt files for the type of card (NB, CS, PC, etc.) to both sound bank folders.
5. Ensure each sound font has all of the required sound files.
6. Format the sd card that is going into the saber/soundboard.
7. with the folder on my desktop named "SD transfer" open, I right click on the bank1 folder and click "send to SD card."
8. Repeat for bank2, bank3, etc., (if applicable to the board being used.)
9. Repeat for the .txt files.
10. At the bottom of the windows tool tray, near the clock, click the ^ symbol, and then click "safely remove hardware and eject media." (if you do not do this, you can corrupt the data on the sd card.)
11. Remove the sd card from the card reader, or usb adapter and install in the sound board.
12. power on the saber.