PDA

View Full Version : two questions about the MR anakin

Jedi Belinos
01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
ok im converting my first MR anakin. the first question is that allen screw above the large copper button is what size? I obviously don't have the right size and am going to go out and just get a set just wanted to make sure the right size was in there.

Second, I won the auction that Tim had for the empty anakin hilts. well in that batch of 4 there are two that are heavy and two that are lighter. What is the difference besides weight? There are no insides so I know it doesn't really matter that much but just wondering. Thanks

vortextwist
01-31-2007, 03:38 PM
well on the allen wrenches, either a 5/64 will be a little loose or you can use a 2 mm and still be loose but will work.

i don't seem to have the right one either

Lord Maul
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
some of the MR anakins had less metal and more plastic on them resulting in a lighter saber. the later models were more metal and less plastic resulting in a heavier saber

Darth Morbius
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM
:D Hi first post!
Anyway, I have been reading around here quite a bit, but I haven't seen anyone ask this before, so here goes:

Is there a difference in the inside diameter of the Anakin hilt versions for the ROTS? I ordered a kit from Ultra first, but It's not compatible with my version of the ROTS Anakin. I seem to have gotten the older one with more plastic, but in the newer box.

My main concern is if Tim's conversion kit still fits the same in either version? :?

Also, I have the quick disconnect blade in it. That means I have to desolder the clash sensor from the connector board and connect it to the grey wire on the molex conector and the positive to the LED correct? I know I saw this somewhere in a thread.

I intend on purchasing the kit, but I just anted to make sure that I know what I'm getting into before I do.

If this has all been covered before, I apologise in advance :oops: Thanks guys!

Strydur
02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I have never heard that there is an issue with them. Why wont ultras kit work?

Lord Maul
02-05-2007, 04:05 PM
it says it won't on his site. i have no clue why.
for the DIN plug you just leave it be and shove all of that into the hilt. i don't think it is possible to get the motion sensor off the plug, i tried and ended up destroying the sensor :(

Strydur
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I always take the sensor off and resolder it..not easy but doable.

Lord Maul
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
my whole chip was completely destroyed. i got it off in chunks by prying. certainly won't be doin that again :D

Darth Morbius
02-06-2007, 01:36 AM
I always take the sensor off and resolder it..not easy but doable.

Indeed, there is a nice glob of adhesive over the solder joints on that little board. :(

Anyway, I've decided to go ahead with putting Ultra's kit into another anakin that I just picked up (yeah it's the thicker one) from a friend.

I WILL be purchasing your kit for the lightweight :D

BTW Tim, somehow paypal sent a double payment to you on my last order. I dropped an email about it...sorry :oops:

MasterStoney
02-06-2007, 10:27 AM
so does tim's work for both anakin versions?

Lord Maul
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
yup

Darth Morbius
02-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the input and wisdom guys! Much appreciated.

Just realized that I forgot to order the conversion kit with my LED... :shock:

Oh well, next order then :roll:

vortextwist
02-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the input and wisdom guys! Much appreciated.

Just realized that I forgot to order the conversion kit with my LED... :shock:

Oh well, next order then :roll:
I've done that once, ordered everything but the lenz

Darth Morbius
02-10-2007, 11:43 PM
:oops: Yeah but I forgot to order the kit... :roll: I ordered everything but the conversion kit itself, but at least I remembered everything else. :lol:

Lord Maul
02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
well that's a problem :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: