PDA

View Full Version : US Emitter on MHS Hilt

djblingbling1
04-24-2016, 05:33 AM
As the US emitters are described as being MHS compatible, I scored a used Archon v3 one with the intent of doing my first MHS build. What I didnt consider was how to mount the LED.....as US sandwiches it between the blade and a lip in the hilt, and standard MHS mounts inside the blade holder/emitter. MHS is 1.25 ID and all LED modules I have handled are 1", I didnt see any sort of adapter in the store buts its possible I have missed it, im sure im not the first person to try this, any advice? Thanks!

Jay-gon Jinn
04-24-2016, 07:30 AM
There is no adapter in the store because those US hilts are not MHS compatible as they did so without permission from the store here.

bunger
04-24-2016, 07:49 AM
It sounds like he's using a MHS hilt with a US MHS-compatible emitter....

bunger
04-24-2016, 10:08 AM
I was just reading up on this "issue" and the general consensus appears to be:

If you buy a US emitter, you need to buy a US heat sink module.

If you buy a TCSS emitter, you need to buy a TCSS heat sink module.

What I am not sure about is whether US sells a heat sink kit or whether you need to buy a LED module kit...

djblingbling1
04-24-2016, 10:51 AM
Yes, just the emitter is US, I know they are MHS and since all the blade holders I like are out I figured it would get me on my way to a MHS build, the hilt will be from here. It's a thin neck so the led needs to sit below the emitter in the hilt...worst case I can just make a spacer for my regular housings and set screw it in the MHS hilt, just didn't k ow if there was a more standard way to do it.

bunger
04-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Would it be possible to use a Dremel to shave off the inside of the emitter so the heat sink sleeve will slide into it?

djblingbling1
05-01-2016, 05:28 AM
I dont think so..I do need to find a way to add a shim or spacer to the emitter so its not so low...I think ill just make a 1.24 heatsink and a set screw, as long as I can space the eitter out...I thought there was line up shims for MHS?

Here is a pic before I mounted the d ring..eventually will get the MHS insert with the d ring, but for now this works. Im extremely impressed with the MHS, and cant wait to see how it expands in the future!

bunger
05-01-2016, 06:07 AM
Great looking looking saber!!

So where are you currently putting the LED - in the hilt?

djblingbling1
05-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Thanks!

Led will be right at the top of the hilt, hopfully up enough the get the emitter to sit a bit higher, maybe useing a large o ring to ad some retention.