PDA

View Full Version : Joe AKA Corbin Das

Strydur
01-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Some of you may have allready read the following.

Hi all

I'd like to announce that for the last month or so, I've been in negotiations with Strydur at The Custom Saber Shop and we've decided to work together to help bring folks more products and better customer service. To that end, I'm pleased to announce that Corbin's Components will be merging with the Custom Saber Shop starting in February. I'm going to be the conceptual designer for new products as well as the Customer Service/Public Relations guy. You'll be seeing more of me at conventions and on the forums.Everything that you can get from me now should still be available for those that want it. I'm just going to be able to focus more on developing things and keeping the products current as technology progresses. I won't be selling Luxeons, optics or any of the other things that TCSS will be handling once the merger is complete. This will allow me to devote more time to interacting with the customers and designing new things.

Corbin Das

After going it solo for almost two years now I have decided to get some help. I couldn't think of anyone more suited for the job than Joe. So, After some convincing, I finally talked him into joining the TCSS team. His main tasks will be development and public relations. I look forward to having him onboard and hope it works out better for everyone including our customers.

Corbin_Das
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone.
It's true. Tim and I are joining forces. We hope this will benefit all concerned. I'll be able to devote more time to developing new products and he'll be able to focus more on processing orders. You'll also be seeing more of me at conventions than before. Overall, it promises to be a pretty good arrangement.

I look forward to working with Tim and Xwing here and hope to bring many new product ideas to the customers.

Joe/Corbin

Corbin_Das
12-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Hi all
As 2007 comes to an end, Tim and I have decided to part ways. We are still working out the details of the separation.
I'm undecided if I'll go back to selling components like before, though it's likely I'll offer finished blades, sabers and stuff like that. Maybe some select components you haven't seen before. Either way I will have more time to pursue some projects I had been wanting to do.

I look forward to getting back into the swing of things. It will be interesting.

Take care

Corbin

Lord Maul
12-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Sad to see ya go Corbin. You and Tim worked really well together, and brought us some great products. :)

Hasid Lafre
12-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Good luck in your adventures corbin das, your gonna need'em. :P(couldent resist)

vortextwist
12-26-2007, 07:51 AM
It sucks that your leaveing man, but you got to do, what you got to do.

gman666
12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Good luck! I have only been in this hobby for a few months but you and this board have helped out greatly. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Thanks!

Greg

Darth Morbius
12-26-2007, 11:39 AM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t45/DarthMorbius1977/zwhat34343435.gif Oh man, I'm sorry to see you go Corbin. However, the future is always in motion, and at times we all must decide to do what we must.

Good luck my friend in all your endeavors!

Hope to see more from you in the future!

Tenric Starkindler
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
**SIGH**
I am truly torn.
TCSS and Corbin'S components are both top of the line resources. Both are worthy of patronage and support. The combination this year seemed a good omen of things to come....still perhaps if a mutually inclusive arrangement could be made?

TCSS could focus on the MHS/MPS piseces and parts
AND
Corbin could focus on blades, electronics, and other "Saber Bling"

whatever the outcome I am glad/saddened and will look to both, as I did before, to continue to push the envelope of Saber-making components and possibilities.

Thanks to Corbin and Strydur for making our obsessions a bit more respectable....

Jedi 128
12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Sad to see you go Corbin. And it SUCKS that you're no sellieng luxeons anymore and I don't know anywhere else.

Darth Tollo
12-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Sad to see you go Corbin. And it SUCKS that you're no sellieng luxeons anymore and I don't know anywhere else.

Psst...they sell them here.:mad:

Zero Unit
12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Sad to hear it, though, I must ask if TCSS still carry the Corbin-style film/blades after this?

Good luck to you in the future, Corbin.

DaJoQuim
12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Sorry to see you go corbin!!You're one of the best and I wish you great things for the years ahead!!

Corbin_Das
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I must ask if TCSS still carry the Corbin-style film/blades after this?

That's one of the things we're sorting out. Don't worry though. The blades and film will be available one way or another, whether it's through me directly and/or through TCSS.

Corbin

Zero Unit
12-26-2007, 10:38 PM
That's a relief. I likes ma blade cores...:p.

Strydur
12-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Joe has been a great partner to work with and I wish him the best of luck.

This thread will now be locked due to the fact that the whole official store news is supposed to be locked..Damn new forums!!:) Feel free to make a new thread under misc.