PDA

View Full Version : nano biscotte 3.0 contantly playing swing

knockpoint
04-12-2016, 09:07 PM
I just installed my first sound boar a nano biscotte v2.0 and it is continuously playing swing sounds when I turn it on. I am running a tri cree bbw led with a power xtender and 4 rechargeable AA batteries (yes they're the right voltage). the clash sounds and lights work right. I have a 5w 1.5 Ohm resistor for each of the main led pads and 5W 2ohm resister for the flash on clash white led pad. Yes, before anyone asks, the batteries are fully charged. Any idea what's going on?

p.s. I miss typed it's a version 2 not 3.

FenixFire
04-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Did you try both sound fonts? I have the same issue when the chassis is in the hilt, but only on light meat after you initiate the first swing. Dark meat is fine. Out oh the hilt both work fine. Some others with the similar issue have adjusted volume and sensitivity.

knockpoint
04-12-2016, 09:23 PM
It's on both sound fonts in or out of the hilt.

FenixFire
04-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Most of what I found then it is usually a battery issue or secondly too low of a resistor on the LED allowing more than 2A total to the main led draw. Do you have accent LEDs wired to the main as Well? Are you sure the batteries are putting less than 5v to the NB? In the title you say nb3 but in the body you say nb2. I assume you mean v2, because the v3 has a built in power extender.

knockpoint
04-12-2016, 10:48 PM
I did mean v2 and yes the batteries are 4 1.2v AA rechargeable. If I'm not crazy, that's 4.8v total. I'm thinking I might have my resistors wrong maybe.

Thalan the Exiled
04-13-2016, 05:59 AM
I know with my NBv2 when my battery (3.7v Li-ion) gets low I get the constant swing sounds. Sounds like your batteries are charged or aren't new enough. I would sugest going with a Li-ion as they will give a nice long run time. I get a bit over an hour of constant use before I need to charge. Just my input take it as you will.

knockpoint
04-13-2016, 08:56 AM
I checked the batteries and they're brand new and they are fully charged. They're pumping out a combined 4.8v. I'm using the aa rechargeables because the saber is for my brother and I don't want to buy and send the whole charging set up. I also want him to be able to easily replace everything as he is not in the saber scene.

rlobrecht
04-13-2016, 09:39 AM
I wonder if the NiMh put out a little more than 1.2 V when fully charged? If so, you could be overdriving the NB. Do you have the means to check the actual voltage?

You'll also need to make sure your brother doesn't put 4 alkaline in there. It could fry the board.

knockpoint
04-13-2016, 10:05 AM
Sooo, I checked them after fiddling with it a while and they were putting out the 1.2v they were supposed to but I recharged them and when fully charged they do put out 1.34v each which totals 5.44v which is below the 5.5v that the board allows.

CET
04-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Have you tried doing a full format on the SD card? Not a quick format, but a full, takes forever format.

knockpoint
04-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Honestly, I haven't done anything with the sd card. I just used the factory fonts.

CET
04-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Try that, I find that I usually have to do a full format and then restore the factory fonts afterwards. You can just drag them into a folder before the format and then drag them back afterwards.