PDA

View Full Version : 16mm to converter wiring help

gbmeyer10
04-11-2016, 09:20 AM
So I am working on my own hilt but bought the wiring and switch from the store. I just want to have a saber with the LED that can be toggled on and off. Ive used the test button on the converter to make sure the LED works (it's so bright!) But I am lost as to how to make the 16mm button toggle the LED. I drew a diagram of where I am at right now. Please help!

gbmeyer10
04-11-2016, 09:25 AM
The converter has a "on" "off" "ctrl" and two other holes with a little line with a bump in the middle. I don't know what any of these are for. Or which wires to run from the 16mm to the converter. I don't care if the switch is illuminated.

Silver Serpent
04-11-2016, 11:55 AM

I assume you're talking about this version of the converter?

You can ignore the ON, OFF, and CTRL pads. Connect your battery (+) to VIN, your battery (-) to any of the GND pads. Connect the LED (+) to VOUT, the LED (-) to any of the GND pads. Your switch has 8 terminals on it? If you look at the diagram on the store page here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16mm-Anti-Vandal-Momentary-Yellow-Dot-Switch-P500.aspx then you'll see labels for all the pads (look at the middle picture). Connect C1 and NO1 to the A and B pads on the converter. It doesn't matter which one goes where, just make sure you connect one terminal to A and the other to B.

gbmeyer10
04-11-2016, 01:34 PM
You are the bomb! Thank you!