PDA

View Full Version : Royal Guard-

virus692
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I am getting ready to make my RG costume. Ebayed a bucket will post updates and pics when I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150085933818

xwingband
01-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I hope you have a small head. If you got the Altmann's/Rubies/Don Post one they're pretty small.

I know if I get one I'll have to pony up for a recast Don Post to the correct size.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-27-2007, 11:13 PM
i know where you can get a nice one at. i think it was on the site where lucas alverez is selling his leather bodysuits and other vader stuff.

if interested let me know i can pm the link later.

james3
01-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Way cool V!
I was looking hard at doing a guard but gave up on that option. I am guessing you are already aware of the forums for the guard? Great place to get help and info.

ryanlb
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, Forcepike.com is a great place, and there are quite a few resources available there. It's been a little slow lately, but the guy who just got put in as Detachment leader wants to get it going more.

Also, I can't quite recommend it at this point, since I'm still waiting for my order to arrive, but I ordered robes and a helmet from Shadow Dale Creations. They come heavily recommended from a couple 501st members I know. Pricey though.

Wolverine
01-29-2007, 10:46 AM
i know where you can get a nice one at. i think it was on the site where lucas alverez is selling his leather bodysuits and other vader stuff.

http://www.fusionprops.com/ :wink: :D 8)

...Also, I can't quite recommend it at this point, since I'm still waiting for my order to arrive, but I ordered robes and a helmet from Shadow Dale Creations. They come heavily recommended from a couple 501st members I know. Pricey though.

Almost all of the Imperial costume types are :cry:

ryanlb
01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Way cool V!
I was looking hard at doing a guard but gave up on that option. I am guessing you are already aware of the forums for the guard? Great place to get help and info.

Why'd you give up?

And what's with the link to a closed eBay store on Fusion Props?

Wolverine
01-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Funny, I click on "Costumes, and accessories", click on "but it now", under an item, and it shows the price, with the paypal button, how is that "closed". :? :? :?

ryanlb
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM
The banner at the top of the page says 'Visit my eBay Stores'. Clicking that takes you to eBay with a message saying the store has been closed.

I realize stuff is available directly through that site, buy why have a link to your eBay store if you no longer have an eBay store.

There's a few other disfunctional links too, like Accessories. I need just a Force Pike, not the whole costume, but I can't tell if he offers one. :(

Wolverine
01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
That's whoever is running the site's problem.

I just pointed out the link, that LAN spoke of. :wink:

ryanlb
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
I forgot to mention earlier, due to being over-zealous in acquiring Royal Guard robes I should have an extra set here eventually that I can let go if someone's interested.

ryanlb
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
The banner at the top of the page says 'Visit my eBay Stores'. Clicking that takes you to eBay with a message saying the store has been closed.

I realize stuff is available directly through that site, buy why have a link to your eBay store if you no longer have an eBay store.

There's a few other disfunctional links too, like Accessories. I need just a Force Pike, not the whole costume, but I can't tell if he offers one. :(

I sent him an email in which he says he does sell the Force Pike seperately, for $120 plus shipping, though it's made of wood, then painted silver. Seems a little pricey for a piece of wood, but it does divide into 4 parts. I can post a couple images he sent me if anyone's interested.

virus692
01-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I got my bucket today. It turns out it is a don post. It has some warpage. however I was told it should be easy to FIX.

elrond.406
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
$30 for a wooden forcepike at rmc lightsabers

http://hometown.aol.com/gillious/images/12.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/rmcstudios@sbcglobal.net/Fpike.JPG

ryanlb
01-31-2007, 09:16 PM
That looks like a great force pike. I'd buy it, but the email I sent them bounced. Do you know how to get a hold of them?

virus692
02-01-2007, 05:35 PM
It May be warped but I could not help myself I slid on My New(to me) Dan Post Royal Guard Helmet and snaped a pic .. .
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/virus692/RG.jpg
I cant wait to fix it .. I will be makeing the robes soon :) :lol: :?:

vortextwist
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I have always loved those guys. I remember getting my mail order exclusive emperor from ROTJ and having the 2 royal guards stand beside him. those were the days.

elrond.406
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
That looks like a great force pike. I'd buy it, but the email I sent them bounced. Do you know how to get a hold of them?

All I've got is these two sites:

http://www.geocities.com/rmcstudios@sbcglobal.net/rmcstudios.html
http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_4R970upY9pq5Od7m2vZJsISoVbSZwkRnxFFGjIvZy9M =

ryanlb
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks, that might help, as it gives me a different email address to use.

xwingband
02-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Ryan at Randomsabers has made one for himself before. Not sure if he's up for that but it's always a fall back plan... couldn't hurt to ask.

elrond.406
02-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Ryan at Randomsabers has made one for himself before. Not sure if he's up for that but it's always a fall back plan... couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm not suppposed to mention him, 'member? :) :lol: :P

xwingband
02-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Yeah, for sabers it's kind of rude, but Tim doesn't exactly make Force Pikes does he? :P

It's definitely not The Custom Force Pike Shop!

elrond.406
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Yeah, for sabers it's kind of rude, but Tim doesn't exactly make Force Pikes does he? :P

It's definitely not The Custom Force Pike Shop!

:lol: That'd be cool though. :D

ryanlb
02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
From what I've seen machined pikes tend to cost between $125-$200, and at this time I'm looking to spend less, so a wood one for $30 is a good price.

Still, perhaps I'll email Tim and see if he'll give me a quote on a machined one.

StrangeWings
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
I was actually considering getting just the main shaft made and then making the "hilt" protion from a MHS and use a luke pommel on the end. So Tim could make force pikes

elrond.406
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I was actually considering getting just the main shaft made and then making the "hilt" protion from a MHS and use a luke pommel on the end. So Tim could make force pikes

I'm not sure the "luke pommel as a tip" is a good idea...

StrangeWings
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
OK..I really hope you were being a smarty pants. I meant on the end where you hold it in your hands :roll:

james3
02-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Dude, I doubt it. Could just be doing the Nimrod thing again. :roll:

elrond.406
02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Dude, I doubt it. Could just be doing the Nimrod thing again. :roll:

Hey! :P

ryanlb
02-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I received my first set of robes a week or so ago, and they're very nice. No pictures yet, as I'm waiting for the second set to arrive, so I can decide which I want to keep. The second set and helmet should hopefully be arriving in a couple of weeks.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Where'd u get the costume ryan?

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Through the Royal Guard detachment leader. He has a seamstress that makes them. They're quite nice.
My second set is coming from Shadow Dale Creations. Someday.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, be sure to post pics...even if the second set never arrives :wink:

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Well, be sure to post pics...even if the second set never arrives :wink:

It had better. There exists the possibility that I've been had for $260 worth of Gentle Giant items on eBay, I'll not be pleased if Shadow Dale tries something. He does come recommended highly by several members of the RPF and a 501st member.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey, how much did the two sets cost? :?:

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 06:28 PM
The set I received was $250, the set from SDC was $350, plus shipping.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 06:42 PM
:shock: That could be the answer to:
Way cool V!

It costed that much with the pike, helmet, and cloak, right? :?:

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Ha! I wish.

That's for outer cloak and inner cloak. The helmet from SDC was another $300. You can get them cheaper on ebay, but sometimes they need fixing or painting, or they're the small Don Post ones, or whatever. SDCs helmet looks very nice, comes painted, and is large enough to fit around a normal or big head.

A nice machined Force Pike usually goes for $150, if you can find one. There's a guy at www.forcepike.com that is offering one, but I think I'm going to build one out of a pool cue for now, then maybe upgrade to a machined one in the future.

And you'll need boots too. Red ones are expensive, but regular black boots are acceptible, too. I'll be using the ones I paid $40 for my Anakin costume.

Gloves are also needed, but opera gloves can be had for $15-$30.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Ha! I wish.

That's for outer cloak and inner cloak. The helmet from SDC was another $300. You can get them cheaper on ebay, but sometimes they need fixing or painting, or they're the small Don Post ones, or whatever. SDCs helmet looks very nice, comes painted, and is large enough to fit around a normal or big head.

A nice machined Force Pike usually goes for $150, if you can find one. There's a guy at www.forcepike.com that is offering one, but I think I'm going to build one out of a pool cue for now, then maybe upgrade to a machined one in the future.

And you'll need boots too. Red ones are expensive, but regular black boots are acceptible, too. I'll be using the ones I paid $40 for my Anakin costume.

Gloves are also needed, but opera gloves can be had for $15-$30. :shock: ...*one costume off my list

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Acquiring 501st worth costumes is rarely cheap. Especially if they have any type of armor. Ask The Brotherhood of the Sith how much they've spent on their Vader costumes, if you don't know already. Most Vaders have put over $1500 into them, and I'm pretty sure that's a LOW number.
Good Stormtrooper costumes run $1000+, which is why that's off my list.
I'd like to do a TIE Fighter pilot someday in the future - not this year, what with all the awesome Master Replicas and Gentle Giant stuff coming out - they generally work out to $500-$800, similar to the Guard.
SDC sells an Imperial Officer costume for about $350 total, which isn't really bad. If you knew how to sew, or someone that did, you could make that costume for much cheaper.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Acquiring 501st worth costumes is rarely cheap. Especially if they have any type of armor. Ask The Brotherhood of the Sith how much they've spent on their Vader costumes, if you don't know already. Most Vaders have put over $1500 into them, and I'm pretty sure that's a LOW number.
Good Stormtrooper costumes run $1000+, which is why that's off my list.
I'd like to do a TIE Fighter pilot someday in the future - not this year, what with all the awesome Master Replicas and Gentle Giant stuff coming out - they generally work out to $500-$800, similar to the Guard.
SDC sells an Imperial Officer costume for about $350 total, which isn't really bad. If you knew how to sew, or someone that did, you could make that costume for much cheaper.

:cry: I can't afford any of that. I can barely afford litesabers....Guess I'll just stick to my jedi robes & garb...

ryanlb
02-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, I can't afford anything I buy. What's that got to do with it? ;)
(don't ever get a credit card)

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 07:06 PM
LOL, I hear ya. don't ever do it.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
LOL, I hear ya. don't ever do it.

You mean buying things with a card that u cant pay for? :?:

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
not that you can't pay for them, it's just you just keep buying and don't realize it till your maxed, now you have all this dept holding you down.

elrond.406
02-15-2007, 07:35 PM
not that you can't pay for them, it's just you just keep buying and don't realize it till your maxed, now you have all this dept holding you down.

I wonder...what exactly happens when you max out? a dept holds me down?

vortextwist
02-15-2007, 07:56 PM
nevermind, I dont' have that much time to teach economics or money management

james3
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
:shock: That could be the answer to:
Way cool V!

It costed that much with the pike, helmet, and cloak, right? :?:

ID-10-T ALERT!

Don't assume anything about me.

The Royal Guard is actually a reasonably priced costume to do.
I actually have quite more then that in my Jedi gear and I will not even go into what the cost should be on my current costume building project for the 501st.

The reason nimrod is because venting is a royal b!^&h to do and I like fresh air a little too much.

ryanlb
08-09-2007, 08:11 AM
The sleeper has awakened!

Anway, wow, it's been 6 months since any activity in this thread, and almost that long since I've even been on this board.

I FINALLY got my costume from Shadow Dale Creations. 8 months instead of the projected 2-3 months. Not really happy about that, but the robes are Awesome, and the helmet isn't too bad either.

http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-inner-sm.jpg (http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-inner.jpg)http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-outer-sm.jpg (http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-outer.jpg)http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-whelmet-sm.jpg (http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-whelmet.jpg)http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-whelmet2-sm.jpg (http://ryanlb.com/rgpics/sdc-whelmet2.jpg)

I'm strongly thinking of selling it, as I feel like I paid too much for it (especially considering the wait), but I do really like the robes, in particular. I'm thinking about buying an Imperial Officer costume in its place, but I'm not completely committed to that either. I may just keep it, though I'll need to figure out some issues with the helmet - like getting fresh air in for me to breath, and getting out the moisture from my breath, so as to not fog up the lens - but I'm really not feeling motivated to do that.

If anyone's interested in buying, I've got two sets of robes - one for $250 this one pictured for $300 - and the helmet - another $300.

xwingband
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
That wait IS unacceptable, but the prices aren't horrible. If it's the fiberglass upsized helmet that's certainly the going price. The robes seem high, but they do look fantastic.

Frankly, a helmet is worth it's weight in gold. I saw a 501st in a painted Don Post... Ick, that was before she took the helmet off too. Horrible, but the helmet was better. :(

ryanlb
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Tell you what, I'll trade you the helmet, for it's weight in gold. It's pretty heavy. And it doesn't quite sit on my shoulders the way I expected it to - I must have a long neck. I'll need to attach some padding to the inside so it rests on my shoulders instead of the top of my slightly pointed head. Or, having just seen the Revan costume for sale on eBay I want that instead of this one. Guards are cool, but Sith are better.

xwingband
08-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Tell you what, I'll trade you the helmet, for it's weight in gold. It's pretty heavy.

hehe, no thanks... I have my own sabers and costumes to fund. :P