PDA

View Full Version : need help with my luxeon ESB

sithlord7768
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
i redid my MR FX ESB vader with a luxeon 3 star led system...when i did it i had the hopes that using a white led and the color disk would be a good idea...not so sure now...

my question is this...is there anyway to make the diffuser red so the blade is brighter red when lit? i also need to get a new blade for it and was wondering what the best route is...are there any tecniques that anyone has used to get a brighter red from the sabers...

jjshumpert
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
if your wanting to be able to change the color of your blade then the white led is the way to go. if your wanting the blade to be only red then you need to go with a red led. the white led/red diffusor combo will never be as bright as the red led while dealing with the same led class (3w)

you have several options on blades, but colored diffusors in the blades arent going to meet your expectations by far. the best option for the polyc is the 8th inch sidewall, which you can buy right here in the store. if your wanting the same white plastic diffusor look as your mr than get one of tims premade blades. if your going for the coring effect then you want corbins filmed blade. ultra also makes a filmed blade that has a look that simulates your stock mr blades in that it is very evenly lit. all of these blades will have a flare at the base.

hope that helps you out a bit in your decision, and welcome to the forums!

sithlord7768
01-26-2007, 12:18 PM
thats a help but let me ask you this...if i go with the red lense..what is the better blade to get the best look...i had a b*tch of a time reassembling after the upgrade and really dont want to change the led

james3
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
The lee filters will give you the best brightness and you can actually play around and get that ESB pinkish color that way. You can either get the little free book or you can order the films any size.

Sadly though, a red Lux III is way brighter then the white Lux III so there is really no way to get it that bright.

jjshumpert
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
you can also add a fucia lee filter to a 3w red for a more movie accurate color... as to the blade its really a matter of personal preference, look thru the gallery and you can find pics of tims blades, corbins blades, and ultra's blades. find the one you think the best and get it... the worst that can happen is you dont like it, get something else and sell the other on ebay

Lord Maul
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
hope that helps you out a bit in your decision, and welcome to the forums!

ya realize that he joined back in march :lol: :roll:

LAN-ED-TUL
01-26-2007, 11:04 PM
yep, red is what you should of put in it to start with.