PDA

View Full Version : dese's first saber (with sound) for Gil Ba'il (OC)

dese
03-31-2016, 06:12 AM
So, I want to share the current state of my build. I hope this is the right place and that it is ok to post lightsabers that are not fully assembled from TCSS parts since my outer hilt parts are completely from the flea market. So here is my current state:

Parts individually:
The red thing is the makeshift PVC blade holder but I will probably replace it with the metal blade holder my boyfriend is working on. Do you think the PVC will melt if it has the heatsink + LED in it?

And I will be looking for something like this for the end part:

It still needs a lot of details and I want some black parts and thicken the middle part more but I already like it a lot. :'>

Noyl Wendor
03-31-2016, 06:21 AM
Nice. Looks great so far. Hardware builds are always a bit challenging. That's what makes them so much fun. The pvc sold be okay. Really depends on how hot the LED gets.

dese
03-31-2016, 06:31 AM
Thank you! I have to agree. Maybe it wasn't the best idea for a first saber but it is so much fun searching for the right parts and finding something that fits. :'D
Then I'll try it with the PVC. If it gets too hot I can easily switch to the metal I guess.

Silver Serpent
03-31-2016, 08:45 AM
If your LED/heatsink gets hot enough to melt PVC, it's hot enough to blow the LED. You'll be fine.

jedimastergarcia87
04-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Oh nice. Where was that flanged piece bought? (The emitter). Would make a good shroud I think

dese
04-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Do you mean this part here?
It's from the flea marked, some old lightbulb mounting.
If you mean the red one, it's from the hardware store.

ValkyrieWolf
04-24-2016, 06:43 PM
oooohhh i really like that