PDA

View Full Version : D'oh! Vader switch...

darthdan
01-26-2007, 05:24 AM
So I finished converting my Vader to a K2, went to change the batteries and accidentally pulled the switch wires off the back of the switch. Which led to about a minute of this...http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/huskerbrewdad/Smilies/tantrum.gif
There are two yellow wires and three posts on the switch. Which ones do I connect them to? They ripped off clean and I can't tell.

xwingband
01-26-2007, 05:41 AM
The top two. When the switch is in the bottom spot it's engaging the bottom two posts and there obviously isn't a connection then. The top two are engaged when in the up position, etc...

james3
01-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Center is common and then the other two are the switched poles. Xwing gave a good description but since the switch can go either way I just wanted to add that.

I think it was JJ that actually reversed the switch so that it would be harder to deactivate while spinning and such.

xwingband
01-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Center is common and then the other two are the switched poles. Xwing gave a good description but since the switch can go either way I just wanted to add that.

I think it was JJ that actually reversed the switch so that it would be harder to deactivate while spinning and such.

Yup, that's true too. I was just explaining the way to get it to function the same as before. MR usually has the two poles they use soldered together for security I guess.

If you happen to have the accidental deactivation problem reversing it would work. I don't have that problem though.

jjshumpert
01-26-2007, 07:57 AM
yes i reversed the switch so that the saber would activate with the bubbles slid towards the pommel... maybe my hands are just to big for this hilt but my thumb would rub the edge of the bubble plate before the change and would cause flickering which anoyed me greatly. after the change this is now by far my favorite mr hilt

darthdan
01-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys! Normal or reversed doesn't really matter to me as I have totally gotten rid of the switch box and all the other "Vaderish type stuff", but good to know. Thanks again, you guys (most people on this site) are an invaluable resource!