PDA

View Full Version : NB v2 Static issue

JediCarpet
03-31-2016, 05:51 AM
Last weekend my saber had a lot of use because I was at a weekend Star Wars camp. At one point I was using it as a flashlight and the speaker just started pumping out static along with the regular sound font. (No impact or anything.) I figured it was a low battery so I left it charging for about 6 hours, but the problem persists. Anyone else ever have this or know how to fix it? I'm wondering if I blew the speaker somehow.

Silver Serpent
03-31-2016, 06:12 AM
Might want to check your wiring. Something may have come loose and/or shorted out.

JediCarpet
03-31-2016, 04:01 PM
Wires were fine. Blew the speaker it seems. Swapped it out for a lower power one for now...but I also noticed that my FoC doesn't work.

LED is fine. There's continuity from the NB to the PEx and from the PEx to the LED. I've tried bypassing through a second PEx with no success. Any ideas?

Greenie
04-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Have you bridged or joined the positives on the PEX (sorry if I'm stating the obvious). :)

JediCarpet
04-04-2016, 07:32 AM
No, I checked that. The PEX is actually one of my best soldering jobs since it was one of the last components I added. I did email Erv and he said the following:

"No idea. If the broken JST created a short circuit it could have damaged the board. Test the FoC pad with a 3 or 5mm LED and a resistor to see if it flashes. If it does, the board is ok."

So...how exactly would I do that? Would I connect the LED to the + feed off the battery and the negative to the FoC pad? Should it light up immediately or does it depend on the clash?

Greenie
04-04-2016, 02:41 PM
No, i mean this.........13685

JediCarpet
04-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Oh, no, I completely bypassed that. (Yes, there is a resistor)