PDA

View Full Version : colored disk idea

dbraxton9
12-27-2005, 12:20 PM
people say the LEDs are not bright enough when using a white one with a colored disk filter. what if you drill a tiny hole in the center of the disk to allow the pure white light through with a halo of the colored light around it? it might not work but it seems like worth trying.
DB

xwingband
12-27-2005, 12:55 PM
What you desribe is a dual tube design minus the inner tube. Not too many do that anymore but that's basically it. They use a seperate inner tube to seperate the white and colored light.

Also can you start making these threads in the LED blade forum. This and you blade length thread really should have been started there. It'll help others looking to not have to ask the same question because it got asked here instead the appropriate place.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

adren1l1ne
12-28-2005, 06:07 PM
xwing have you seen or made an led sabre? Just wandering? was thinking of going with led on my first sabre but Im really sure what road to take any advice?

And a side question.....this is sostupidHOW DO YOU GET THRE PICTURE IN YOUR SIGNATURE BOX I CAN'T GET IT DONE[:D]

[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\sith.JPG]

xwingband
12-28-2005, 06:42 PM
I have a few LED sabers but have yet to make the jump to build my own. There are tons of places to look at just in this forum. There's a EL versus LED thread somewhere around here. Do your business with Tim/Styrdur, He'll treat you right.

To get a pic in your sig go through the profile link at the top. Use the same tags as you would in a post. I used the img and center tags then put the url below it since this forum doesn't support clickable pictures.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

moorecreative
07-04-2016, 02:55 PM
I like this idea and have a few extra colored disks, i'll try it out and let you know what it looks like.

Also, my use for the colored disks is to place one at the top of my plug so that it changes the color of the blade/led color to something different when the plug is in place.

Greenie
07-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Dude, this thread is eleven years old ;)

Cire Yeldarb
07-05-2016, 11:45 AM
But since you've gone to the trouble of resurrecting it, might as well keep us informed how it works out for you!