PDA

View Full Version : Buy list and other questions

Off3line
03-25-2016, 02:57 PM
Hi guys ,

First of all, I am totally new to this scene , this community and in general to lightsabers . But from the moment I discovered them, I knew I was going to love this things! Also , I apologize if this thread does not belong to this section, but I thought when I ask a couple of electronics questions and other stuff , it could fit in.

So.. To start with something I just want to tell you how I decided to make my first DIY saber.

When I got to the scene, I thought ordering from SF is the dream for me , bc their hilts are gorgeous. But with the time I realized that building my own would evtl. be better. But I was always scared with the materials I buy i.e. here , I wouldn't be able to reach the quality like that from SF. But now I know I was wrong.
The other problem is, that VV actually makes also pretty good sabers , but I don't like any of their hilts , which is quiet sad.
So my plan is the following :

Buy 2 hilts from a saber shop

- The first is standard blade with just a normal LED and the possible brightest set up (hope for red) I can buy . This should be my starter to know how I can put the right things together and start learning.
Now my 1 question is: If I order this hilt :
How do I know which AV size I will need to wire all the stuff and so on ?

And here's the list I want to purchase for the saber beside the hilt and the blade. I know that there's missing something . I'd like to know what and maybe if possible.. The brightest way to have a red saber..
So the question is What do I need to add to complete the list?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ViewWishlist.aspx?ViewCode=eaeb823a-b399-40bd-beb5-6f4bbf7e9f30

I appreciate your answer already and I am very thankful.

For the second saber with a soundboard ( I think the NBS V3 is decent), what do I need ?
I just barely know that I need a speaker lol, but thats it. =-0
And the LED would work like the one above (If this is possible).

So I hope you understand everything I wrote down and wish you something great =)

Greenie
03-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Hello there, welcome to the forums. Personally, for a red blade I would use a tri cree with two red dies and the third white for FOC. As for your list, you won't need the lens holder with a tri led, you will want a 2.1mm recharge port to make use of that kill key. You will also need resistors for all dies including the switch led. Most importantly, you will need to read the manual for the soundboard you choose and I would suggest researching all across this forum as any question you may have has been answered somewhere. That's not to say any questions won't be answered again, we're a friendly bunch of nerds ;)....... Mostly
Good luck with the build and MTFBWY :mrgreen:

Off3line
03-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Hello there, welcome to the forums. Personally, for a red blade I would use a tri cree with two red dies and the third white for FOC. As for your list, you won't need the lens holder with a tri led, you will want a 2.1mm recharge port to make use of that kill key. You will also need resistors for all dies including the switch led. Most importantly, you will need to read the manual for the soundboard you choose and I would suggest researching all across this forum as any question you may have has been answered somewhere. That's not to say any questions won't be answered again, we're a friendly bunch of nerds ;)....... Mostly
Good luck with the build and MTFBWY :mrgreen:

Hi Greenie

Well thank you for your answer.

I think I will start a little bit smaller... So my first saber is like I said just a stunt saber to learn everything form the beginning.
I also think I just stay with the tri cree LED but keep is it as a red/red/red without FOC . Is that even possible ? and why won't I need a lens holder? Is there a reason behind it ?
For the forum.. Yes I know , but sometimes it's just frustrating so see how big this forum is and that may take a lot of time to find everthing :D . But ofc, I am excited for this journey!
Thanks again and MTFBWY :cool:

Greenie
03-27-2016, 01:26 AM
Yes, three reds is doable with a good battery set up (run time) but a stunt saber should allow plenty of room for that. You may be better off with a buck puck rather than resistors although I've never used one so I can't really advise. The lens holder is for a single LED star, the lens will mount on top of a tri star no holder required. As for the forum, there is a lot to read but not all topics will be relevant and if nothing else, the gallery is a great source of inspiration and knowledge. ;)