PDA

View Full Version : CF 7.5 Crystal Chamber wiring questions

vsutherland01
03-24-2016, 08:32 PM
Hello,

I have been reading through the CF7.5 manual and I found a couple of options for wiring a RGB 5mm LED.

I want the red to pulse when the board is in idle mode, then I want just the green to mimic the blade, I would like all three to flash on clash but if that isn't possible can I have the blue flash on clash, blue and green makes cyan and that won't be terrible I can have the blade match it by using a blue die as FOC with twin greens?

This build is a solo's hold V2 ROTJ hilt, so my main blade will be green with a flash on clash color, no color mixing.

I saw that you can wire up the RGB 5mm LED to the color channels but I think my best option is to wire it up to the accent pads 5-7 so I can use the features that allow for pulsing, FOC, and blade mimicking.

Let me know if I am headed in the right direction, thanks!

NanoRex
03-24-2016, 10:08 PM
From what you're saying, it sounds like you want to wire the RGB LED to accent pads 5-8. I'm not sure why you want this scenario but it can be set up with the following configuration:
• Green LED wired to accent pad 5
• Blue LED wired to accent pad 6
• Red LED wired to accent pad 7
• Parameter led=1000,0,0,0
• Parameter fled=1000,1000,1000,0
• Parameter xta1=0,0,1023,0

However in general I think you are confused as to how the colour channels and accent pads work so you should read up on that.

vsutherland01
03-24-2016, 10:24 PM
I want the RGB LED to pulse red during the idle mode and I want it to turn green to mimic blade activation, then I want it to flash white when the main blade flashes white.

I have read that RGB LEDs can be wired to the color channels using PWM driving signals or you can use the CEX to mix colors. I don't need a color mixing blade or crystal chamber, I just want a chamber that functions in the way I said above so I think my best option would be to wire to pads 5-8.

The wiring you describe makes sense, and it seems you just provided my answer.

led=1000,0,0,0 This is the blade mimicking green.
fled=1000,1000,1000,0 This flashes Red Green and Blue at the same time to produce white.
xta1=0,0,1023,0 This is the pulsing mode during idle.

I am continuing to read the manual, these parameters are very helpful, they seem to do exactly what I want.

vsutherland01
03-24-2016, 10:34 PM
I think the color channels and accent pads make sense, let me know what I am goofing up.

Most crystal chambers would use a RGB led, and people love color changing so they run the LED to color channels 1-3 so they can mix it as they would a blade.

Accent pads allow for PLI as well as just random blinky stuff, typical accent LED things. pads 5-8 though have special modes "high power LED mirror" and "Crystal Pulse", these modes struck me as being what I need to achieve the effect I want.

This is for a Luke V2 saber and I want the crystal to pulse red while in idle mode, the hint of the dark side in him as he confronts his father an the emperor. Then when he turns it on the camber turns green of course and the crystal mimics the blades flickering, and when it clashes all 3 light up to make white which will match my blade when it flashes white.

NanoRex
03-25-2016, 06:19 AM
I think you've got it right :)

Usually people only wire crystals to the main colour channels on boards that don't have the special effects like the CF, because using pads 5-8 will allow for colour mixing and special effects, especially with the CFv8 which allows the accent pads to have their own colour profiles independent of the blade.

vsutherland01
03-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Ok so the fled and led parameters are for the main high powered led correct?

They have four numbers correlating to the four color channels on the board, do these also correlate to pads 5-8 because those don't seem to be independently addressable on the in the led.txt or lockup.txt there is just an option to set all four to a certain mode.

NanoRex
03-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Yes. Pads 5-8 will match the colour of the blade when blade mirror is active. To give them their own colour separate from the blade, you need a CFv8.