PDA

View Full Version : NBv3 with accent wire check

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Just checking to see if my accent LED is wired correctly in parallel with the main LED. This should make it turn on and off with the main LED right? Thanks as always. And also thank you Voodoo for this wire schematic.

http://i.imgur.com/VeJnFPkl.jpg (http://imgur.com/VeJnFPk)

NanoRex
03-16-2016, 01:49 PM
Your positive wire should merge with the main positive, not after the resistor for one of your main dice. Also if you want someone to check your resistor value you'll need to post the specs of your accent LED.

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Your positive wire should merge with the main positive, not after the resistor for one of your main dice. Also if you want someone to check your resistor value you'll need to post the specs of your accent LED.

Nano, I have it merging with the main positive at the top before the switch. Should it be merged with the positive leading to the board after the switch? I'll post the specs on the resistors once I get home later.

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Nano, my accent LED is 3.3vf 20 ohm.

FenixFire
03-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Nano, my accent LED is 3.3vf 20 ohm.

You mean 20mA not Ohm.

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
You mean 20mA not Ohm.

yes, my mistake.

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 09:43 PM
You mean 20mA not Ohm.

Fenix, you see anything wrong with the accent LED wire? I have the positive going to the main positive and negative going to the main LED negative. So the LED should turn on and off with the main blade.

SPACEMONKEY1
03-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Nano, I have it merging with the main positive at the top before the switch. Should it be merged with the positive leading to the board after the switch? I'll post the specs on the resistors once I get home later.

Meant to say after the charge port, not switch.

NanoRex
03-16-2016, 09:49 PM

Ha! I'm an idiot. I completely read your diagram wrong. The wiring looks good, but the resistor wattage is way too high. You might as well use a DynaOhm if you're going to use something that big.

Beyrle
06-06-2016, 10:13 AM
I am in a similar quandary. Am building my first saber and wanted an accent LED for a crystal chamber. My blade LED module is a Cree Star LED & MHSV2 Heatsink Module and the crystal chamber LED is a white 3mm bulb.
1. Can I wire the 3mm LED into the blade wiring?
2. If yes, would I need an additional resistor going to the 3mm LED?

I was looking at the diagram at the top of the page and got confused by all the wires coming from the blade LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

FenixFire
06-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Now I see you just had a typo on the other post.

Yes you will need to determine the correct resistor for the accent LED (or use a Dynaohm), and wire it in parallel with the main blade color. This provides 2 benefits. 1. The LED will mimic the blade shimmer effects. 2. The power indicator pad is very small to soldering to the main LED pad is much easier.

You'll need to know the forward voltage and drive current of the LED just like you do for the main LED.

You will basically be building the above diagram, with the correct resistor values for your LEDs and correct location for the accent LED resistor. You'll need to use ohms law to determine the values. The lines coming off the main LED are the (-) leads going to the two blue main blade LEDs, with the first junction going to the (-) of the accent (chamber or switch) LED. On the accent LEDs the + is the longer leg and the - is the shorter.