PDA

View Full Version : Nbv 3.0 not compatible with SF 12w?

Avalanche21
03-13-2016, 05:58 AM
I just learned that the nbv 3.0 isn't compatible/can't handle the saberforge 12w+, is this true? What actions would I take to resolve this issue?

clahey83
03-13-2016, 06:17 AM
there is a "hack" you can do to it that will allow the nano to handle more current... but honestly a tri-cree will be brighter because of how it focuses down the blade vs a 12w (making it actually look brighter even with there being fewer LEDs shining down the blade)
so in short: my advice is to use a tri cree with 1 die used for flash on clash

NanoRex
03-13-2016, 06:21 AM
I believe it is compatible with the "12W+" (but not the "12W") which uses the same Tri-Cree XP-E2 LEDs that are sold at TCSS. It might be a pain to figure out though, because nobody knows how said company pre-resistors their LED units. I believe darthmario95 has a tutorial out there somewhere.

Forgetful Jedi Knight
03-13-2016, 08:02 AM
I just learned that the nbv 3.0 isn't compatible/can't handle the saberforge 12w+, is this true? What actions would I take to resolve this issue?

Use a decent LED. The Tri-Crees sold int he store will do quite nicely.

FenixFire
03-13-2016, 12:11 PM
I believe it is compatible with the "12W+" (but not the "12W") which uses the same Tri-Cree XP-E2 LEDs that are sold at TCSS. It might be a pain to figure out though, because nobody knows how said company pre-resistors their LED units. I believe darthmario95 has a tutorial out there somewhere.

The 12w uses the xp-d which are 2 generations old. The 12w+ might be either xb-d or xb-e2 depending on stock availability per several post on a unmentionable forum. Both are 3w rated and while the xp-d has a significantly higher lumin rating than the clear encasement on the xp-e2 the e2 appears brighter. Before you jump on me check CREEs specsheet on their website.