PDA

View Full Version : Colored translucent blade pics

Jacobpac
03-09-2016, 10:07 AM
13526onfig]13525[/attach]

Top pic is purple trans blade with white LED

Bottom pic is red/green/blue blades with corresponding red/green/blue LEDs

These are the combos I liked best.

I don't have pic of photon blade but blue LED looks great!

CET
03-09-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't follow. What's different about these blades? I get that they're colored/day blades, but that's about it.

Jacobpac
03-10-2016, 12:51 AM
These are the show blades that tcss offers. I had questions about what they would look like, but I couldn't get a straight answer or pic. So, I purchased them and made the comparisons myself. This is the result and the combos that worked best.

CET
03-10-2016, 11:26 AM
OK, gotcha. I was thinking that maybe you sanded them down or something.

Cire Yeldarb
03-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks for posting the pics for everyone's future reference!

Id like to ask a few questions actually:

For the Purple Blade/White LED, which white LED did you use? (Luxeon Rebel, Cree XP-E2, Cree XP-L)?

In your second picture, I assume Saber2 is Green Blade/Green LED and Saber4 is Blue Blade/Blue LED, but what are the combinations for Saber1 and Saber3? Are they both Red Blade/Red LED? Saber1 looks to me like Clear Blade/RedOrange LED

jbkuma
05-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Also interested in what LED was used for the purple blade. Are you using diffuses or just plain tubing? I have read just about every post on the boards with the word "purple" in it trying to find any meaningful commentary on the topic and haven't really come up with much. At this point I'm considering making a string blade, but still pretty concerned about what color LEDs to use.