PDA

View Full Version : Prizm and kill key

bunger
03-04-2016, 07:13 PM
I know the Prizm just has regular sleep mode and not deep sleep, and that it definitely needs a kill key.

I am considering putting the key inside the chassis, but think it will be a pain to open the hilt each time I want to turn it on.

So my question: is the kill key needed every time you are finished with the saber, or can it left out for a week or so at a time?

Darth Nurse
03-07-2016, 06:01 AM
I would plan to have a kill key. You can wire the recharge to be in the pommel, and put your kill key there, or I have seen chassis sleds that have room for the kill key inside where all you have to do is unscrew the handle and pop it in and out. I just generally put the recharge in my control box and use the kill key there.

bunger
03-07-2016, 09:28 AM
You can wire the recharge to be in the pommel, and put your kill key there, or I have seen chassis sleds that have room for the kill key inside where all you have to do is unscrew the handle and pop it in and out.

That was my original design intent, but then I began questioning whether I wanted to unscrew the pommel anytime I wanted to turn it on...