PDA

View Full Version : Rebel-Aligned Stormtrooper

Echo
02-27-2016, 05:53 PM
LONG POST BEWARE

ALL HELP WOULD BE AWESOME

Okay so I have created a character known as "Echo". He is a Human Stormtrooper from the First Order, who went rogue once he was left for dead by his fellow squad members. He then escaped the area in which they were fighting and basically ran off. Because of this, he vowed revenge on on the First Order and left all of that behind. He then set out on a quest to find a random group of rebels to see if there was anyway he could join them. He then eventually found some yet he kept his armor as a way to show rebellion. Eventually he joined the rebels but in mid-battle he found a small loot of what seemed to be Jedi stuff (Lightsabers, Clothing, extc.) Later on, after taking it, he was found out to be, force-sensitive. Yes a Force-Sensitive Stormtrooper Rebel. Anyways he eventually became basically a jedi that wore Stormtrooper armor that had markings that indicated that he was a rebel. So therefore I was wondering if there was anyone who could have an idea of what group I would be able to join that will accept my character, because the 501st accepts First Order Armor but I don't think my character would be accepted and the Rebel Legion probably will not accept Stormtrooper Armor so.... Any Suggestions or tips. Thanks Echo Out

Sevinzol
02-29-2016, 03:48 AM
you realize these forums are associated with a company that makes saber parts. Have you posted your question to the 501st or the rebel legion?

With that in mind, welcome to the forums. I have been to many SF writer workshops, know 3 published authors and understand what makes a good story and what doesn't. My answer to you, treats your post as if its a story. Take my criticism as it is intended. As a view into your story from the outside, that is without all the assumptions you make from the inside. it will feel harsh, I think that is better than suffering 'the emperors new clothes' syndrome.

I smell a lot of 'force being awakened' here.

basically a jedi that wore Stormtrooper armor that had markings that indicated that he was a rebel.
So... your persona wears an outfit that say's "I'm a traitor/deserter" to any empire citizens and "Question my loyalty" to any non-empire faction. Could you paint a bigger Shoot-Me-First sign over your head?

If 'Echo" has truly become a jedi why wouldn't he leave his past behind and ditch the trooper armor.
yet he kept his armor as a way to show rebellion "there is no emotion..." rebellion is an emotion, not very jedi. If you want to wear armor there are plenty of examples of jedi armor. I almost have this image in my head of a buddhist monk in his saffron robes, sporting prison tattoos and a nail through his nose to show off what a baddass he is... its incongruous.

left for dead by his fellow squad members.[...] Because of this, he vowed revenge on on the First Order
Your origin story is rough, maybe you have it more thoroughly worked out than in your post. Why vengeance (yet another emotion) against his fellow soldiers? Was it an honest mistake that he was left for dead or was he betrayed? Why revenge on the whole first order?

Echo
02-29-2016, 09:49 AM
This is a better backstory, as it explains more of what I mean:

Ok so here is the backstory of Echo or EC-0625. He was the Commander for EC Squadron. It was composed of him, EC-7189, EC-4509 "Asog", EC-2381 "Delta", EC-1086 "Ten", EC-2099 "Milenial", and EC-2501 "Oldy". They were EC squadron or what they liked to call themselves "Eldritch Company". Echo was pretty much loose yet loyal to the First Order, as he was strict yet social, quiet yet welcoming. Everything was fine untill there was a mission in which they had to search a village for some Rebels. Upon finding these "Rebels", they were ordered to execute them publicly to make an example. It wasnt until Echo was given the order to execute one of them partically rather than one of his squadmembers. He pulled out his pistol and shot that female in the chest from behind. What happened next changed everything... Upon turning around Delta and Ten pointed their rifles at Echo stating that "his services were no longer needed". As their Commander he order them to lower their weapons at once. They didnt. Then Ten said something that literally killed Echo inside. He told him that, that woman he shot, who was still alive, was his mother.... Although he barely knew her he turned around and a flood of memories came back to him. It was his mother. Then there was a large crack and burn from his back. Ten and Delta shot Echo in the back. It did not kill him as they knew this and then one by one they said there final goodbye, as if they hated him from the start... Eventually they faded out of sight and Echo turned his head to see his mother slowly die. He made his way over to her and upon doing so he removed his helmet and as if instantly she reconized him. She looked as if sad and happy at once. And in her final breaths he said to her faintly "Im sorry I did this to you." Then slowly his vision blured in and out and it went black.... Suddenly he opened his eyes with a sudden excitment. It was dark. He lay alone helmet next to him kn what seemed nothingness. He quickly got up, pain shooting through his back, and looked around. He couldnt see anything. He picked up his helmet and started to walk to what seemed light. As he came closer it turned out what to be a camp. He stumbled closer and closer to see there were multiple figures. They saw him and out of horror he saw they had lightsabers... Red and Blue.... They came at him fast but before they reached him he fell. It was blurry. He could barely make what they were saying. The next he knew he passed out again. When he woke up this next time he saw he was in a makeshift house around him were various pieces of furniture, boxes and other things. He saw he was laying on what seemed to be a cot of somesort, yet he was tied at the wrists and ankles. He was still wearing his armor, helmet on the side of the bed. Someone came into the room and announced himself as Aconiqus. Echo upon gaing full consiousness started to panic. Aconiqus stated "Calm down, your Okay". Echo immediatal demmanded wanting to known what happened. Aconiqus said that he wandered upon him and his group with a deathly walk. Echo calmed a little down. He wanted to know what the lightsabers were and why they didnt kill him. Aconiqus said that they were part of a group known as the Grey Jedi, and they didnt kill him because he posed no threat. Echo then wanted to know why they were helping him. Aconiqus then stated that he saw what his squadmembers did to him and he felt that there was something off about Echo. Echo then wanted to know what. Then Aconiqus told Echo that he sensed the force in him. Echo thought he was being crazy. Aconiqus then continued about how he wanted Echo to join their group. Echo stopped and thought... His friends betrayed him, left him for dead, made him kill his mother. Instanly Echo felt rage flow through his body and in an instant Echo in a enraged tone screamed Yes he will join. He was then untied and Echo explained how he wanted to keep it armor for he felt it was part of him... Deeply... Following that Echo trained under Aconiqus following the Grey Jedi code vowing that he would avenge his mother and destroy the First Order.

Silver Serpent
02-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the forums!

As Sevinzol stated, this is a forum for building lightsabers and discussing TCSS products and services. We don't do RP stuff here. If you'd like to show off props/costumes you've built, and toss in a little blurb about your backstory to explain unusual costume choices, that's fine. If you'd like someplace to discuss your backstory, there are more appropriate forums for such activity.

If you need advice on building a saber, we'd love to help.

rlobrecht
02-29-2016, 11:34 AM
The only costume club I'm aware of that might accept your character is The Dark Empire (http://www.thedarkempire.org/about-us.html).

CET
02-29-2016, 03:28 PM
I'd try the Rebel Legion (http://www.rebellegion.com/).

rlobrecht
03-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Rebel Legion won't take him in Storm Trooper armor. They won't even take Luke and Han in Storm Trooper armor, and they are canon hero costumes.