PDA

View Full Version : Prizm and dim LED's

Big_Furry_Oaf
02-21-2016, 12:27 AM
I've had a Rebel Cyan LED in an economy setup with a single 3.7v 18650 battery. It has always been exceptionally bright.

I recently paired that led with a Prizm board and it's now very dim.

I'm using a 1 ohm 2 watt resistor on the positive. It is wired from the board positive to the center LED negative (there's a group of 3 for multi-die LED's, this is a single die led).

I tried a white LED and it's also very dim.

Everything else on the saber works fine. I can't find anything in the troubleshooting or many other posts with a similar topic. Has anyone encountered this?

Jay-gon Jinn
02-21-2016, 02:11 PM
What do you have the drive parameters set to in the override file on the SD card? Your led may be dim because the drive parameter, which controls the current, is too low.

NanoRex
02-21-2016, 03:48 PM
As Jay-gon mentioned, the drive parameter is likely too low. The PRIZM's intended use is for RGB colour mixing, so it's likely that your current colour profile has the first colour channel set to be dimmer.

Big_Furry_Oaf
02-22-2016, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the tip!
I checked it and it was around 940ma and the max rating is 1 amp for that led. So I moved it to 1000 and it's a tad brighter, but not as bright as I'd like.
I had turned off the shimmer effect before and it helped a bit.
It's still not quite as bright as it could be. I'm waiting on some .47 ohm .5 watt resistors for the blue and green RGB rebel star to come in before I try that out.

NanoRex
02-22-2016, 06:59 AM
The drive parameters for the PRIZM aren't expressed in mA as there are no current regulators. They're expressed as a fraction of 1023 (so 1023 is the max, allowing full power from the battery, which is what you want).

Changing the resistor might help a little more.