PDA

View Full Version : Color Extender Channel 2 not working (CF 7.5)

havoc
02-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Greetings everyone,

I built my first saber and powered it on today. Everything is working fine except nothing on CEX Channel 2 (CF channel 3) will light up. I have a Tri-Cree RbRG LED and currently the green LED is wired to CH2 which connects to the CF board on CH3. Red is on direct drive and royal blue is on CH1 (CF channel 2). I touched a small battery to the pads on the CEX and on the CF board and I can make the green LED light up, if I switch the wiring between green and blue then blue won't light up but green will. I also routed the CEX to CH4 on the Crystal Focus and it still didn't work. Any ideas? I'm thinking the CEX board might have a problem but I want to cover all my bases. All of config files are default except I lowered the maxled on the red die for safety.

Other details: I'm running a recharge port, the negative leads connect to the CEX and the CF board. Battery is a 7.4v 18650. Color shifting works great to anything I want between the red and blue LEDs, but the green one (connected to CEX CH2) won't light up. It works fine if I supply power to it though.

Thanks,

EDIT: I fixed the problem. A solder splash got on a resistor and was interfering. It doesn't appear to have caused any damage to any of the components.